• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2011 winners from Hong Kong/ Macau/ Taiwan

derekkdude

Registered Users (C)
Is anyone from HK/ Macau/ Taiwan reading this forum?
Did any of you apply for the lottery?
Did any of you get your NL?
Share your experience here!
It's my 4th year now...

I am from Macau, it's my 2nd try but obviously I have no luck this year too =[...hope that I can win next year

hi, i am from Macau too, and have tried for 4 times. but still get nth.
do you think it is already over?

Lottery is purely based on luck....we have to wait for this time whether we get selected or not. Lets keep our finger crossed.

i am in US, is there any hk or macau forum talk about DV ??

This is exactly what I'm wondering.... Haven't been able to find any forums yet.
I wonder how many people are apply from HK or Macau
Since they pick only a few dozens of winners each year from HK/ Macau
I think Macau ppl have a better chance, since you are grouped under "Europe" which has a higher rate of success.

hi, i am from Macau too, and have tried for 4 times. but still get nth.
do you think it is already over?

Yeah obviously it is over... Most of the letters were sent out on 15th April. Also, according to the instruction, Macau is under the Europe zone (plz notice that EU winners receive their NLs ealier than AF & Asia this year).
I have been crossing my fingers for getting the NL but unfortunately I do get nothing so far (I am currently in California under a F-1 visa). Ironically one of my schoolmates from HK received his NL last week.=[

Last edited by a moderator:
This is exactly what I'm wondering.... Haven't been able to find any forums yet.
I wonder how many people are apply from HK or Macau
Since they pick only a few dozens of winners each year from HK/ Macau
I think Macau ppl have a better chance, since you are grouped under "Europe" which has a higher rate of success.
dude you are not right... The amount of winners in your country totally depends on how many ppl apply for the lottery. Thus everyone has an equal chance of being selected.

Yeah obviously it is over... Most of the letters were sent out on 15th April. Also, according to the instruction, Macau is under the Europe zone (plz notice that EU winners receive their NLs ealier than AF & Asia this year).
I have been crossing my fingers for getting the NL but unfortunately I do get nothing so far (I am currently in California under a F-1 visa). Ironically one of my schoolmates from HK received his NL last week.=[

OMG. How many times have your friend tried to apply before? I'm jealous.

dude you are not right... The amount of winners in your country totally depends on how many ppl apply for the lottery. Thus everyone has an equal chance of being selected.

No, each country within the same region (asia, europe, africa, etc) has the same chance of winning, but different regions have different winning chances. You can google the original legislation of the DV lottery and you'll see they have actual formulas written down to calculate how many winners are selected from which region.

Regions with lower recent immigration rate to US get a high chance of winning (Europe).

According to wikipedia, (altho i know sometimes you cant trust wiki but im kinda postive here) the winning chances in DV2008 were
2.15% for europe
0.58% for asia

and for some weird reason since macau is grouped under Europe, macau ppl do have a higher chance of winning than HK ppl.

hopefully we can get dv letter this yr, till now, still hvn't heard from any hk/ macau ppl winning lottery.

I'm from Macau, got my first NL dated April 22nd with Macau post chop dated May 19th.

dude Im so damn jealous!!!! is this ur 1st attempt to join the program? could u plz share ur experience with me?! Holy shit next time I will write my macau address =D

dude Im so damn jealous!!!! is this ur 1st attempt to join the program? could u plz share ur experience with me?! Holy shit next time I will write my macau address =D
This is my first attempt :) I got my letter on 29th may because I forgot to check my mailbox, I should have received it a week earlier according to the post chop.
I already mailed the docs to KCC last week. Hopefully I will get a second NL soon, probably in a few months?

This is my first attempt :) I got my letter on 29th may because I forgot to check my mailbox, I should have received it a week earlier according to the post chop.
I already mailed the docs to KCC last week. Hopefully I will get a second NL soon, probably in a few months?

So jealous!!! I have tried the lottery for 2 years and now I am almost 20 years old. Im going to study at UCLA this year as an international student. Hopefully I can be the lucky one in DV 2012!
Anyway bro plz accept my best wishes for your new life in the US.