• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

My case number is very low (2011AF000007XX). Would this have any effect (positive or negative) on my visa application process? Is it likely I will receive the visa this year?

My case number is very low (2011AF000007XX). Would this have any effect (positive or negative) on my visa application process? Is it likely I will receive the visa this year?

The only effect is that you will receive your visa this year if everything goes on well on your side. Your interview will be schedule in October 2010 and unless your case is put under administration, you are likely to receive your visa in the same month. Wish you good luck and success in your application. At your spare time, you can read the dv-2010 Ghanaian and Nigerian threads for more information about the process.

nsiah,

You've got an excellent case number, wishing you success in your upcoming interview in October this year.

Goodluck.

GH 2011 winners.........................................where are you to keep this thread going!!!!

GH 2011 winners.........................................where are you to keep this thread going!!!!

No matter the number of dv 2010 winners registered here we should still keep this thread alive because other winners may soon join. This is where we could put our issues acrosss for those experienced guys to help us out.

This has been the problem, go through DV 2007, 2008, 2009 & 2010. You will realise that it's only DV2010 thread that has gone far in terms of contributions. We hardly search for information and @ the end of the day, we end up paying huge sums of Gh Cedis to so-called agent who have very little knowledge about the DV process compare to what one will learn from this forum. I will not be surprise if they also follow this thread and use what they've been learning here as their daily income on those who falls into their web.

You are 100% saying the truth we shall keep thread alive...........................@alexee
This has been the problem, go through DV 2007, 2008, 2009 & 2010. You will realise that it's only DV2010 thread that has gone far in terms of contributions. We hardly search for information and @ the end of the day, we end up paying huge sums of Gh Cedis to so-called agent who have very little knowledge about the DV process compare to what one will learn from this forum. I will not be surprise if they also follow this thread and use what they've been learning here as their daily income on those who falls into their web.

guys is it true de police clearance cert expires after 3months? i had wanted to go for mine now but it may be expired by the time i become current in october.

Yes it is true,the validity period is 3 months,so it is better to time your interview date so as to fall within the date.

guys is it true de police clearance cert expires after 3months? i had wanted to go for mine now but it may be expired by the time i become current in october.

I'm certain most police certificates expires after 1 year and quite a few after 6 months. If your CN will be current in October you can go for it somewhere in July or August, just to make it fresh but still you can go for it now.

Dv 2011 winner

I am a 2011 winner and have already sent my forms (ds 230 & 122). I posted them ordinarily and some one just told me it would take time to get there (more than a month). Can I fill another and send as soon as possible? Also, I put down my brother's name and address as the petitioner (he lives in the US permanent) instead of mine. Can this change anything regarding my chances.
My case number is very low: 2011AF000007XX. Is it possible this number would be current this year?
Thank you.

i POSTED MINE TOO ORDINARY BUT THE ONLY RISK IS YOU SHOULD HAVE REGISTERED IT.WITH THE CASE OF PUTTING YOUR BROTHERS NAME AS THE PETITIONER,YOU CAN SEND AN E-MAIL TO KCC TO VERYFY IF THEY HAVE RECEIVE YOUR PACKAGE FOR ONWARD PROCESSING.ALSO ASK THEM TO RECTIFIED THAT PORTION SINCE YOU ARE THE PETITIONER.DO NOT WORRY NOW AND GET ALL YOUR DUCUMENTS READY SINCE YOU WILL HAVE YOUR INTERVIEW IN OCTOBER 2010.GOOD LUCK!!!

I am a 2011 winner and have already sent my forms (ds 230 & 122). I posted them ordinarily and some one just told me it would take time to get there (more than a month). Can I fill another and send as soon as possible? Also, I put down my brother's name and address as the petitioner (he lives in the US permanent) instead of mine. Can this change anything regarding my chances.
My case number is very low: 2011AF000007XX. Is it possible this number would be current this year?
Thank you.

alexee,

I'm begining to consider what you just said, infact you are right, considering the huge DV winners from Ghana every year, yet people that shows up in this thread are quite surprising.

This should be a research work.

One love.

It is stated on the DV lottery website that on-line status check starts on July 1, but I have not been able to check my status. It still displays the 2010 dv status check page. Has any one had a similar experience? Is it too late to get a NL if you are living in US? My country of eligibility is Ghana.

It is stated on the DV lottery website that on-line status check starts on July 1, but I have not been able to check my status. It still displays the 2010 dv status check page. Has any one had a similar experience? Is it too late to get a NL if you are living in US? My country of eligibility is Ghana.

That on-line page will be refresh midnigt on 1st July 2010 for 2011 entrants to check their status if they have been selected or not.Be patient and wait till then but do not be surprised if your NL gets to you before that date.

If you applied for the dv 2011, then you can't check it now until July 1. Don't forget we are in June and July is just around the corner.