• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Thanks for the good work guys .Can i please find out this. I have got someone who is willing to do the sponsorship but my concern is that he sponsored somebody last year but the person is working at the moment and even filedl for her tax .Can somebody advice me if is possible for him to sponsor me also .thanks in advance.please also tell me how long it takes to get your medical report back.

Hi Broadi,

With regards to the sponsor, i don't know this for a fact but i think he can sponsor you as well. The medicals result takes a week to be ready @ Holy Trinity and two weeks @ Akia.

Hi Ammeck,
I have a problem here...today while going through the ds-230 forms i sent to KCC office I realised I made a few mistakes or should I say ommissions..At question 33 I forgot to list my High school and Junior High school but only listed my two universities for bachelors and masters however on the dsp-122 I listed all my schools.
Also I forgot to name myself as the petitioner on the ds-230 but I rightly put my address there. I already sent in the forms and it has been confirmed by tracking that kcc received it. Should I notify them of this discrepancy and re-send new forms or It won't make any difference at my interview..A response will help...

thanks in advance

Those mistakes are not that really serious to affect the granting of the visa. You will be fine, just make sure on the interview date you have all the necessary documents to prove to the consular.

Hi Broadi,

You are likely to have it early or mid August 2010 but be assured that you will have it before September.

. All the best.

And he should also remember that his interview will be in the month of October 2010.

One love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

Please advice me on what to do or whether i am qualified for the dv. I received the 2011 NL two weeks ago. I do not have a high school cert. I do have a diploma in IT, I am a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer(MCSE), and a Cisco Certified Network Associate(CCNA). I also have worked as a Network Admin for three years. I wonder if i am qualified for the DV. Please help.

You will be ok, that means you are to use work experience as your qualification.

And he should also remember that his interview will be in the month of September 2010.

One love.

No, a dv-2011 winner can't have his/her interview in September 2010. Actually, dv-2011 winners will start their interview in October 2010 and considering the low CN, Broadi is likely to have his/her interview in October 2010.

Hi guys,

Please advice me on what to do or whether i am qualified for the dv. I received the 2011 NL two weeks ago. I do not have a high school cert. I do have a diploma in IT, I am a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer(MCSE), and a Cisco Certified Network Associate(CCNA). I also have worked as a Network Admin for three years. I wonder if i am qualified for the DV. Please help.

You can check here if your work experience qualifies you for the dv lottery. One thing you have to understand is that in Africa it's very difficult using the worki experience to get the visa but all things being equal if your work is found on this website then I'm pretty sure they will grant you the visa.

Hi guys,

You can use work experience as the qualifying criteria to apply for the diversity visa. According to the dv 2011 instructions:

What Occupations qualify for the DV Program?
To determine eligibility based on work experience, definitions from the Department of Labor’s (DOL) O*Net OnLine database will be used. The O*Net Online Database groups job experience into five ―job zones.‖ While many occupations are listed on the DOL Website, only certain specified occupations qualify for the DV Program. To qualify for a DV on the basis of your work experience, you must have, within the past five years, two years of experience in an occupation that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 or higher.

How Do I Find the Qualifying Occupations on the Department of Labor Website?
Qualifying DV Occupations are shown on the DOL O*Net Online Database. Follow these steps to find out if your occupation qualifies: Select ―Find Occupations‖ and then select a specific ―Job Family.‖ For example, select Architecture and Engineering and click ―GO.‖ Then click on the link for the specific Occupation. Following the same example, click Aerospace Engineers. After selecting a specific Occupation link, select the tab ―Job Zone‖ to find out the designated Job Zone number and Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating range.

Your job title 'network administrator' falls under the category 15-1071.00 - Network and Computer Systems Administrators which is under zone 4 and classify in the Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 to < 8.0.

Read more about it here http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/15-1071.00

Last edited by a moderator:
No, a dv-2011 winner can't have his/her interview in September 2010. Actually, dv-2011 winners will start their interview in October 2010 and considering the low CN, Broadi is likely to have his/her interview in October 2010.

ammeck,

sorry it was a mistake, it is actually October.

Guys, Im doing an adjustment of status. So far so good (after clearing through the confusion). Ive already received my receipt from DOS and had already sent the DSP 122 form to KCC. Does anyone know when the second notification letter (NL2) will be sent to us.

Guys, Im doing an adjustment of status. So far so good (after clearing through the confusion). Ive already received my receipt from DOS and had already sent the DSP 122 form to KCC. Does anyone know when the second notification letter (NL2) will be sent to us.

We may not be able to predict unless you give us some information such as your case number, country of chargeability, and the fiscal year your CN falls.

police certificate

hello all,

would any Ghanaian winners in the UK please help me, I would like to fine out if I require a police certificate from Ghana as well as the British one I have ordered.

TIA

hello all,

would any Ghanaian winners in the UK please help me, I would like to fine out if I require a police certificate from Ghana as well as the British one I have ordered.

TIA

Hi kor,

The law says that you need a police certificate from countries you've stayed there continuously for six month since age 16, so if you stayed in GH for more than six month then you need one from here. Hope this helps.

Guys, this thread is getting quiet! Where are you all?

we are around ammeck. as u know our real business will start from october 2010. as at now we are all under information gathering stage. hopefully from october it shall be very active with experiences from all winners. keep u fingers cross ammeck, i will not let this thread DIEEEEEE!

I picked up my notificaiton letter on the 23/05/10
My case number is 2011AF000007XX
Am I on the low side?
If I am when am I likely to receive VN for interview arrangements
Sent forms back on 27/05/10
Thank you

Am I on the low side?
Thank you

wow, you have a very low case number and you're likely to be current in October 2010. You should expect your 2nd letter in late August or early September 2010. You need to start preparation now since you may not have time on your side.

Am I on the low side?
Thank you

Hi nsiah,

Your CN is perfect and as adviced, your interview is likely to be in october so start preparing. Go grab it man!!