• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

Also what am i supposed to write at highest level of education reached, cos i'm still in the university. should i choose other and write that i'm still in the university?

It is ok and do not panic,as long as you included the Bar Code in your packet-you are fine.I also did not write them too.

Please i need help, i'm confused; i am a 2011 winner and i wanted to ask, am i supposed to write my case number on the upper right corner of the sheets of the 122 and 230 forms before sending them, and will i be disqualified for not writing my case number? pls i need help cos i'v sent the forms already!!!!!!!!

I guess you hurridly sent your forms but anyway you can send a mail to KCC to ask if they have received your package?You must state your case number,date of birth and country of chargeability when sending KCC mail.They will reply if they have received it for further processing.Good Luck!!!
ok thanx; how about the passport photos; i did not write anything behind my photos. and i wanted to know if i will be notified that KCC has received my forms.

Do not worry for now,as long as you have SSCE or WAEC O" or A" Level will be accepted on the day of your interview.

Also what am i supposed to write at highest level of education reached, cos i'm still in the university. should i choose other and write that i'm still in the university?

You have to write your current university name,followed by your High school you completed and remember you have to get at least credits in your SSCE or O and A Levels Maths and English.

ok thanx a lot. About the question that says "occupation u intend to work"; if i write an occupation there, will i be asked for a job offer letter at the interview? Also will i need a bank statement for the interview? thanx

i receive my NL last week but quiet worried as i only have City and guilds of london advance diploma.Does any one know whether that meet the education requirement or not.Or what to do

ok thanx a lot. About the question that says "occupation u intend to work"; if i write an occupation there, will i be asked for a job offer letter at the interview? Also will i need a bank statement for the interview? thanx

No you will not be asked of a job offer and that does not have any bearing on your visa application. At the interview, if you can't show your own bank statement with over $10,000, then you need someone who is a permanent, green card or a citizen of the US to sponsor you by completing the sponsorship form I-134 to gether with some supporting documents.

i receive my NL last week but quiet worried as i only have City and guilds of london advance diploma.Does any one know whether that meet the education requirement or not.Or what to do

I'm not certain whether your City and Guilds advanced diploma qualification meets the dv lottery educational requirements. Why don't you try by sending the embassy an email to inquire about this issue? According to the dv lottery, the minimum educational qualification is the SSSCE or O/L certificate. I don't know whether your qualification is equivalent to any of these.

good more people are joining this thread now. Congrats to all DV 2011 winners. I am with u brothers n sisters.

ammeck and alexee can u help me with this. i attended an institution but my bachelor's degree was offered by a different one. in filling the forms which one shd i put there on the form?

ammeck and alexee can u help me with this. i attended an institution but my bachelor's degree was offered by a different one. in filling the forms which one shd i put there on the form?

Put the name of the institution issuing the certificate.

Can somebody tell me when i might be likely to have my 2NL my case number is 2011AF00009.

Hi Broadi,

You are likely to have it early or mid August 2010 but be assured that you will have it before September.

. All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
I have been following this forum for some time now...I was selectee for further processing for dv 2011. My CN is 23*** ...I am currently in canada as a student and will be doing consular processing here...I was thinking about coming to Ghana to do consular processing...is it a good idea? and when should I expect a second letter or an interview...I have lived around europe as well so I might have to take a few police reports. I was wondering if there will be enough time to take all the police report after I receive the 2nd letter from them....A response will be appreciated....Thanks

Hi guys,

Please advice me on what to do or whether i am qualified for the dv. I received the 2011 NL two weeks ago. I do not have a high school cert. I do have a diploma in IT, I am a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer(MCSE), and a Cisco Certified Network Associate(CCNA). I also have worked as a Network Admin for three years. I wonder if i am qualified for the DV. Please help.

Hi all,
I have been following this forum for some time now...I was selectee for further processing for dv 2011. My CN is 23*** ...I am currently in canada as a student and will be doing consular processing here...I was thinking about coming to Ghana to do consular processing...is it a good idea? and when should I expect a second letter or an interview...I have lived around europe as well so I might have to take a few police reports. I was wondering if there will be enough time to take all the police report after I receive the 2nd letter from them....A response will be appreciated....Thanks

Hi, your Case Number (CN) is very low and you may be current in either December 2010 or January 2011. That means you are likely to have your interview in December 2010 or January 2011. If your Canadian visa would not expire before somewhere in April then I advice that you do consular processing in Canada, just not to waste money in travelling to Ghana. You may receive your 2nd letter in November or December 2010, and since you have lived in Europe before you need to get police certificate from those countries provided your stay was more than 6 months since the age of 16. Don't wait tell you get the 2nd letter, it might be too late to get all before your interview date - some of them takes considerable time to be obtained. I think most if not all of police certificates expires after 1 year, so it's better to gather them before your number even becomes current.

Hi Ammeck,
I have a problem here...today while going through the ds-230 forms i sent to KCC office I realised I made a few mistakes or should I say ommissions..At question 33 I forgot to list my High school and Junior High school but only listed my two universities for bachelors and masters however on the dsp-122 I listed all my schools.
Also I forgot to name myself as the petitioner on the ds-230 but I rightly put my address there. I already sent in the forms and it has been confirmed by tracking that kcc received it. Should I notify them of this discrepancy and re-send new forms or It won't make any difference at my interview..A response will help...

thanks in advance

Thanks for the good work guys .Can i please find out this. I have got someone who is willing to do the sponsorship but my concern is that he sponsored somebody last year but the person is working at the moment and even filedl for her tax .Can somebody advice me if is possible for him to sponsor me also .thanks in advance.please also tell me how long it takes to get your medical report back.