• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

So I guess that's it then, the end of DV 2011 AOS, thank you again to everybody who was a big help and congrats to all the new permanent residents of the good old USA. What a magical year, till we meet again.

+*+ Good Bye DV-2011 - AOS +*+

To all,

Thank you for this forum to help us go along the journey, and finally we were reborn all together as a PR in the United States of America.

Thank you NuvF, leongsce, chance1, forza jalal, yastin, Xenos_in_DC, n79, EthernalHope, eooedada, as44xxx, and all of friends in this forum.

For the next DV-2012, please don't lose your hope no matter how hard it is going to be. I belong to the super high case number but eventually I can make it.
The most important key success is to keep doing research on the forum as well as to respect every members.

Good Luck & Good Bye :eek:

CRNA
09/30/2011

To all,

Thank you for this forum to help us go along the journey, and finally we were reborn all together as a PR in the United States of America.

Thank you NuvF, leongsce, chance1, forza jalal, yastin, Xenos_in_DC, n79, EthernalHope, eooedada, as44xxx, and all of friends in this forum.

For the next DV-2012, please don't lose your hope no matter how hard it is going to be. I belong to the super high case number but eventually I can make it.
The most important key success is to keep doing research on the forum as well as to respect every members.

Good Luck & Good Bye :eek:

CRNA
09/30/2011

Hi CRNA, what ended up happening in your case? did you go for AOS and get GC???

Good by

Hard to believe the DV 2011 year is over... I really hope everybody remaining had a successful outcome. Great meeting you nice folks on this forum and would love to put a face to the User ID; will try uploading a picture to my profile tomorrow if it will let me. Please do the same! (Natta, nncu, freedom11, lisa6 etc.)
I guess we reached the end of this fiscal year. what a year for all of us. This forum was my only source of information and when I found it I knew nothing about Dv, now I feel like I know everything there is to know about DV thanks to all the people in the forum. I wish good luck to everyone in the future as this what we need now, luck and health so we can accomplish everything. Hope the spreadsheet we had this year (thanks to Baobab who created the spreadsheet and all the members who kept it up to date) will help future generations. I tried to upload a picture, but it wouldn't let me to. So I guess our faces still remain a mystery :) Good luck everyone.

Big thank you!

Hello everyone!!!

It's been a great pleasure "meeting" u all in this forum. I can't thank you enough for all the good advice you gave me. You were really a source of enlightenment for me. Thanks

I wish you all good luck in your future, and stay blessed :)
Good luck for the lucky winners of DV2012.

PS: Got my welcome letter today

Dear All,

I have good news to share with you. I got my GC on September 23. Sorry for the delayed update. I was super busy with my exams and other academic applications. I want to thank all the members of this forum. This forum was one of the most reliable, comprehensive and supportive resources for me. I specially would like to appreciate feel, Yoni (Freedom11), Nuft, leongsce, CRNA, eooedada, as44xxx, baobab, cybor for all their supports and help. Wish you all the best.

Best,

Congrats Chance1

You made it! At the end that is what matters..
Have fun!

Dear All,

I have good news to share with you. I got my GC on September 23. Sorry for the delayed update. I was super busy with my exams and other academic applications. I want to thank all the members of this forum. This forum was one of the most reliable, comprehensive and supportive resources for me. I specially would like to appreciate feel, Yoni (Freedom11), Nuft, leongsce, CRNA, eooedada, as44xxx, baobab, cybor for all their supports and help. Wish you all the best.

Best,

See you soon!

Just want to say good bye to all of you and hope to meet you all again in 4 years, helping each other with our N400, same as we did with AOS 2011. Thanks to everybody and good luck.

Thank you all for your contributions to this forum!!! It's great to see almost everyone with their GCs.

Sorry i couldn't keep my promise of staying here to help. I can see veterans in this forum did a way better job than the one i would have possibly done..

Looking forward to get in touch for our N400s!

Best,
reptile

as44XXXX, what happen with you we did not hear about your interview and whether you got your green card or not??????????

Here are some of what I experienced during my AOS.

Customize the information from any sources to your case. Usually there is more than one right answer.

Better to have a back up of your entire documents. My doc charged me for $30 for issuing a duplicate of my medical record.

If it comes to you to file for the second time you have to submit all documents again and pay application fees in full.

If you did bio once it is at least valid for 6 months and you don't need to do it again for your second application(in case of Re-applying).

If you are concerned about running time for process of AOS( high case numbers) call to NBC upon receiving your Notice of Acceptance Letter and ask for an expedition.(USCIS has a list of subjects of expedition in which I think DV cases is the last item). They will take action immediately and will inform you in 5 days(upon your request they expedite transferring your file to your FO. Then you can follow up with your FO.

Amendment-I meant USCIS National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283. There are some categories that are subject of expedition including DV Lottery. By calling National customer service you can ask for an expedition. this will speed up transferring of you file from the National Center to you USCIS focal office. NBC = national benefit center

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=aab807b03d92b010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Good luck,

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Qs?

Thanks everyone! I really wanted to share it with you guy/gals first.

Local office is San Jose, CA

Hi,

2012AFxxxx
I'm doing AOS for my parents. They are in their 70s, and don't have strong command of the English language. Wanted to know what kind of questions they will be asked in the interview or bio. I'm willing to be present at both, but don't know if the language can be a basis for rejection. I'm also in the San Jose area.

Thank you,

NOA from Texas Service Center

Hi All,

I am a 2012 selectee and just recently received my acceptance email and NOA. I noticed that Chicago forwarded my case to the Texas Service Center. I was under the impression that cases are forwarded to local field offices, but one of the 4 main service centers. How was it with your cases? Also, what is listed under classification on your NOAs? Thank you so much!

Waterfall123,

We are on the same time line. I also got the e-mail and txt msg on 10/7, and the checks were cashed on the 11th. It seems the DV2011 winners had left this thread :(

AOS Interview

Folks,

Had a lunch at Chinese place today, and my fortune cookie told me "You'll find today what you've been looking for". My wife didn't know about it, but when I came home she greeted me by saying "We have a game today, called Find Your Greencard". And yes, the Fortune cookie was right, I found it on a bookshelf squeezed between recipe books. So, to give credit to Fortune that's blessing us with sudden favors and teasing us with sudden hints, here's our story.

I was lucky to get to the US for the first time in 1993 as a high school exchange student. Coming from then-USSR i was stunned, more by breadth of opportunities that every kid in my middle-class suburban high school had, than by simply having 20 different brands of shampoos and toothpastes on grocery store shelves. That impression stuck with me forever since, so after returning home and partying for a couple years, I reanimated the thought of coming back, to the US or similar country. I made a career shift to IT knowing that for me the shortest path was to utilize the skilled migration route (Internet and software industries in general were booming).

By 2005 we were in Australia, on my working visa. That country was beautiful, can't take that away from it. We applied for perm in AU in 2007, after gaining sufficient work experience to get advantage based on priorities at the moment. And then the crisis hits, Australia responding by slowing down and revisiting priorities of its immigration policy. At the last step of application, my daughter in Russia had to pass medicals, and due to sheer incompetence of staff at the clinic, her medicals got stuck there for two months. The medicals were one week late arriving in Sydney - Australian government just passed legislation in March 2009 that put our application at the end of the backlog, where it still is at the moment.

We were already in USA though and looked at the nearest neighbor which also had skilled migration program - Canada. We've spent there a few months, while I was working for a client there. Honestly, we hated it. Quebec people and food were great, the weather however, non-existent health care, French language domination and general sense of inferiority vs the US made our stay there downright depressing. Still, we were hoping for a quick citizenship giving a right to live and work in the US. We applied, and right after our application got to the visa office, Canadian government, due to crisis, made the change in priorities, moving our app to the end of the queue again. That was June last year, we never heard from them ever since.

And that's when my wife's lottery win came, when we expected it the least but needed it the most. 10 months later we're already US permanent residents. What brought us here was Fortune, but what led us here all along was hard work and dedication. Don't underestimate these two factors and you'll be all right regardless of where you are.

Now to the people on this forum - I don't know any other community on immigration subject that is as friendly, responsive and supportive as this one. We enjoyed every moment spent here and wouldn't be where we are without your guidance. Keep up the good work and good luck to everyone with your endeavors.

Also, we'll be glad to meet new people who are in the same boat with us. We're Russian-speaking couple with two tots, living in San Jose/Silicon Valley area. If you are nearby and feel like you need some questions answered, or just to hang out - just PM me, we'll be glad to help.

Hi Voxx,
My parents will have their interview next week at the San Jose office. Do you remember what kind of questions they can be asked?

Thank you,