• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Can anyone explain me what All this mean? On Thursday my case moved from Testing to CPO and 6 hours later it went back to Decision and today it has moved again to CPO. I am just confused.

I think since Basheera already went for interview,USCIS might have check if VISA is available and return as not avalible due to non-payment. Maybe that why FO called. I didn't recall Basheera interview experience though.
We need to see what happen after KCC received the payment. I belive that's the only thing left for USCIS to approve it.

Basheera, I agree with Yoni. KCC will not send the file until the payment is received.
One possibility is that your intermediary has actually made the payment, but she may have not submitted the receipt with the AOS package and she has not passed it to you either.

Or maybe she did not include the stamped, self-addressed envelope with the payment. DOS requires such an envelope to be included in order to send the receipt back.
But I am quite sure that the fee has already been paid once before.

Where did you get the information that your file is not being processed because the fee hasn't been paid?
I am surprised that USCIS cares that much about that receipt. If they got the file from KCC, then the fee must have been paid. I hope the information that you got is accurate and you are not focusing on the wrong problem.

If you pay twice, I think there is a way to recover your money from DOS. But you'll need to fight that battle after you get your GC.
I hope it all ends well. You should definitely do an infopass as soon as possible and insist to talk to an IO or a supervisor if the person you talk to initially is not helpful. But try to be polite when you go there, you will get better results with honey.

No we found out too late that she is not an attorney but was dealing pretty much with anything that is related to immigration. When i tried to ask her why she did not pay the money to KCC, she pretended not to understand what i was talking about...anyway, most important thing for me right nw is to approved. We will take care of her when everything is done :D.
Thanks for the words of encouragement though :)

I hope there's a break in your case. After the end of the month when hopefully you'll be holding your GC, please report this person: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=6358d4aaee6ab210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

DV fee receipt

Does anyone know how long it takes KCC to make a receipt for DV fee?? We sent the cashier check last friday and the Post office notified us that it was delivered saturday but up i called yesterday and today, and they still telling me they did not get it. I am all confused... All the same, i went this morning for an infopass with the receipt from my bank for the cashier check as well as the receipt from the post office plus the scanned signature of the person who received the check. Do you think the FO will accept it as a proof of payment?

Does anyone know how long it takes KCC to make a receipt for DV fee??

It usually takes them 7-14 days to return you the little form stamped with PAID on it.
However since the time is getting to the end and it is really 5:58 right now and office closes at 6PM...
I think USCIS should be able to contact KCC by phone/fax or other fast means and get their acknowledge that the fees have been received....
I also think that KCC will expedite the return of that signed form to you.

You still have a full week and a half....
Good luck!

BasheeraB,

I think it is good to directly call KCC and ask them to fax it to your FO.

In my case, it took 1 week for USPS to deliver receipt from KCC to my home.
I heard that sometimes USPS lost mail during the delivery as well.
So, if you wait till receipt will arrive to your home, it would be risky.

Case update!!!

Hello everyone!!!

I finally have some news! My husband and i have been approved this morning. Thank you so much to everyone for your good advice. Asking KCC to email me the receipt really helped alot! They sent it to me on wednesday and we had an Infopass yesterday just to show them the proof of the dv payment, plus a letter written by our new lawyer. This morning, the FO called us and said he received our proof of payment and he approved us :) We checked our status online and it has moved to CPO! I am so grateful...Thanks a lot everyone. God bless u all and good luck to those still awaiting for an answer.

PS: i wish i could treat u all as a thank u :)

During the last couple of days i received the response letters from the senators and congressman office. Basically, the all received an answer from USCIS that my application was approved so they notified me.
I'm still not sure on what avenue should be credited toward the advance in my case, but at least i know that trying all of them was a right thing to do.
Good luck to those that are "still" waiting. There is still another week to go.

During the last couple of days i received the response letters from the senators and congressman office. Basically, the all received an answer from USCIS that my application was approved so they notified me.
I'm still not sure on what avenue should be credited toward the advance in my case, but at least i know that trying all of them was a right thing to do.
Good luck to those that are "still" waiting. There is still another week to go.

Congratulations Freedom11!,

Always good to know that the system works as long as you know how to work it. At what point do you think the wait time for an interview (after biometrics) is excessive?,30 days?, 60 days?, or does it vary by FO?. I am doing my AOS in October (hopefully my Visa number will be available in December, fingers crossed.). Thank you!.

Best Regards

Just checking up to see if theres anyone left. I think besides as4xxxx who hasnt reported yet everyone on the board for AOS 2011 is in the green?

Congratulations Basheera. You've made it with one week to spare.

Hello everyone!!!

I finally have some news! My husband and i have been approved this morning. Thank you so much to everyone for your good advice. Asking KCC to email me the receipt really helped alot! They sent it to me on wednesday and we had an Infopass yesterday just to show them the proof of the dv payment, plus a letter written by our new lawyer. This morning, the FO called us and said he received our proof of payment and he approved us :) We checked our status online and it has moved to CPO! I am so grateful...Thanks a lot everyone. God bless u all and good luck to those still awaiting for an answer.

PS: i wish i could treat u all as a thank u :)

Thanks

I RECEIVED MY GREEN CARD on Thursday, September 22.
I would like to thank all people who have participated to this 2011 forum and those of previous years forums. You have been like lawyers for me. Your stories inspired me. I have learned so much from you. I really cannot thank you enough. it was an incredible adventure that ended well. Good luck to those who are still waiting for their card. thanks so much.

Just checking up to see if theres anyone left. I think besides as4xxxx who hasnt reported yet everyone on the board for AOS 2011 is in the green?

Hey ethernal hope good to see you back .... what happen to as44xxxxx.......

thanks to everyone in this forum it was a great journey that we took togther and I am glad it ended with all of us being Greeen.This forum is a really a great assets to us and for future winners.........

Good luck ......

Congratulations Freedom11!,

Always good to know that the system works as long as you know how to work it. At what point do you think the wait time for an interview (after biometrics) is excessive?,30 days?, 60 days?, or does it vary by FO?. I am doing my AOS in October (hopefully my Visa number will be available in December, fingers crossed.). Thank you!.

Best Regards

/\ looking at people's signatures seems like anywhere up to 30 days after bio is the average time you should have received your interview letter. if more than 30 days have passed i would definitely make an infopass and check to see what is going on.

on another note: i don't think all 2011'ers are in the green yet. where's as44xxx and chance1 for example!??

statistics

Hi everybody,

It is great that almost everybody is green :)
I have a request from fellows in this thread. It would be awesome if someone can update the final results of AoS applications. I guess this "https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiIES8k5SLbQdE9RLWxpX1pDa1FneS16cUs4ODFZSUE&hl=en_US#gid=0" is the one people keep updating but it seems out of date now.

This document and its statistics will be very useful for people to decide to pursue AoS or CP.

Thanks

Hi everybody,

It is great that almost everybody is green :)
I have a request from fellows in this thread. It would be awesome if someone can update the final results of AoS applications. I guess this "https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiIES8k5SLbQdE9RLWxpX1pDa1FneS16cUs4ODFZSUE&hl=en_US#gid=0" is the one people keep updating but it seems out of date now.

This document and its statistics will be very useful for people to decide to pursue AoS or CP.

Thanks

this one looks more recent: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...1NDJaZWR0aTBQTHc&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

Goodbye

Hard to believe the DV 2011 year is over... I really hope everybody remaining had a successful outcome. Great meeting you nice folks on this forum and would love to put a face to the User ID; will try uploading a picture to my profile tomorrow if it will let me. Please do the same! (Natta, nncu, freedom11, lisa6 etc.)

Last edited by a moderator: