• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2008 - Winners from Italy

JonathanC

Registered Users (C)
Hi.
I am one of the lucky winners from Italy, my case number is: 2008EU00011xxx.

The numbers seems a little high to me, what do you think? I tried looking at the visa bulletins but what is the exact process to determine when a number became current? Should I check in which month the number corresponding to Europe in section C became higher than mine? Or in section B?

I am currently on F1 Visa and have applied for OPT from July 16th 2007 to July 15th 2008. In the meantime my future employer applied and got an H1B for me, so I will have to change status from October 2007 to H1.

Given the fact that I will be working and that in the US you don't get that many days off, I was planning on going the AOS path, but I am a little worried about my case number being too high. Any suggestion?

Thank you very much, I am finding all sorts of useful information in the forums! :)

EU00014xxx

Hi,

my number is even higher but as far as I understand it is impossible to predict if AOS is still an option or not. The way the numbers become current varies stronly from year to year.\I number like mine would have become current in April 2007 for DV-2007, but only in July 2006 for DV-2006 but also as early as January for DVs between 2003 and 2005.

Another free parameter that I am trying to determine is the processing time for I-485 (AOS application). I checked blogs from previous DV-lottery winners and in most cases seems to be between 3-4 months (makes April still a good option). But I just checked on the website
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp
and I found that in most places this time is closer to 7 months!
Is there any special treatment for DV-lottery winners?
If you learn anything more about this. post it here.

Hi.
I am one of the lucky winners from Italy, my case number is: 2008EU00011xxx.

The numbers seems a little high to me, what do you think? I tried looking at the visa bulletins but what is the exact process to determine when a number became current? Should I check in which month the number corresponding to Europe in section C became higher than mine? Or in section B?

I am currently on F1 Visa and have applied for OPT from July 16th 2007 to July 15th 2008. In the meantime my future employer applied and got an H1B for me, so I will have to change status from October 2007 to H1.

Given the fact that I will be working and that in the US you don't get that many days off, I was planning on going the AOS path, but I am a little worried about my case number being too high. Any suggestion?

Thank you very much, I am finding all sorts of useful information in the forums! :)

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your number is high I would do CP. This does not mean you should do CP, it only means that's what I would do.

I am a successful 2006 winner also from Italy. I did AOS and although my number was current in October I actually received my GC at the end of August.

Read my experience:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=229911

Best of luck

Thank you for the replies!

@thch: I don't have any more information than what you posted on the I-485 processing times.

@BarbaraLamb: I don't know if my number is that high, I just think it is. I had actually already found the topic on your experience and have already bookmarked it! Very useful information!
The problem with CP is that I would need to go back for at least 2 weeks, and I won't that much vacation since I will start working in July. :( I'll try to ask my employer though.

Anyone can help me estimate when my number will get current? I would really appreciate!