• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2008 Help

kahonakaho

hey guys, just wanted to know if i can go through with dv, when i have overstayed visitor visa for a bit over 5 yrs now, and im 18 yrs now, 19 in may, overstayed for personal reasons. any help would b appreciated. if u know anyone who went through this than please ask them and let me know. thankx.:)

if you have no status, you cannot adjust it to a permanent resident status.

if i cant do that, then how come people who overstayed and they have been petitioned for by family members, can get their green card?

like i know a few people who overstayed and they were petitioned by parents or brother/sister, and somehow they got it, but ive never heard about dv cases before involving overstay.

if i cant do that, then how come people who overstayed and they have been petitioned for by family members, can get their green card?

like i know a few people who overstayed and they were petitioned by parents or brother/sister, and somehow they got it, but ive never heard about dv cases before involving overstay.

Hey, i can't tell you what the other folks did but to be on a safer side, u might have to consider CP. I don't think u wana be the step goat

the immediate relatives' overstay is forgiven. Some get to pay the fine if other circumstances are right (245i).

I don't think u wana be the step goat
a scapegoat, maybe?

u might have to consider CP
not if you overstayed by more than 180 days. You will be subject to a ban of 3 years, and if you overstayed by more than a year (after you turned 18, I believe) - you are subject to a 10 year ban on entering the States.

Just wait till you find a USC wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
lols @ usc wife, but its true. but well the congres is working on something and dunno if itll pass or not, no one knows for sure. and my uncle has sponsored for my mum (f4) and file was sent to nvc, just gotta wait till it becomes current making visa numbers available for us. 1-2 more years give or take. thnkx for replying.