• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 Tracker

hmz,

Thank you very much!

I am a little bit confused about the first notice from the KCC. It provides detailed information on CP in the first part of the notice. Then it states what to do in case of AOS in the next part of the notice, however it is not clear (to me), which requirements listed in the first part of the letter are common for AOS and CP (like submitting DSP-122 to the KCC) and which are just for CP.

My next question would be: Do I have to send photographs along with DSP-122 to KCC in case of AOS? Sorry for bothering you guys, but I do not want to screw this up ;) .

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
starak said:
hmz,

Thank you very much!

I am a little bit confused about the first notice from the KCC. It provides detailed information on CP in the first part of the notice. Then it states what to do in case of AOS in the next part of the notice, however it is not clear (to me), which requirements listed in the first part of the letter are common for AOS and CP (like submitting DSP-122 to the KCC) and which are just for CP.

My next question would be: Do I have to send photographs along with DSP-122 to KCC in case of AOS? Sorry for bothering you guys, but I do not want to screw this up ;) .

Thanks

yes you have to send a photograph of yourself ( be sure to follow the photo instructions) dont worry I received my letter dated 6th april and will be sending DSP-122 sometime next week we are lucky to have received notices on time, so we can use this time to get all the facts and info.

Hi,

I am reading your posts and I see that some of you in Europe already got the Notification Letter!!!! Can you tell me in what country of Europe you live??
I am going to check my mailbox very carefullu from now on....
Thank you guys for all the informations!

Blandine

I received a DV2007 letter yesterday,dated March 28, we are from Australia and this was the first time entering the diversity immigrant program. I am very exited yet nervous about what is to come. :)

Blandine,

I am from the Czech Republic, but I received the letter in the US. I guess it may take some additional time till you receive it outside of the US.

hmz, blessed123, thank you guys.

Sammy4, congratulations! I have been trying for 5 years :) ...

Question on form DSP-122

Hi.
I'm filling form DSP-122 to return to KCC and I have a question. No. 6b (Education) states "Name and addresses of all schools". Do I have to write the whole address (street #, town, etc.) of the school, because there is really no space to do so. Is the Name of the school and country enough?
Thanks in advance, Henry.

Somewhere on the forms they mention that if you dont have enough space you can attach a separate sheet of paper with all the information.

So this is what I did. I attached a separate sheet with a full address.

Question on form DSP-122

Actually, DSP-122 never mentioned to attach additional sheets. Only form DS-230 mentioned that. I don't think I can attach additional sheets for DSP-122 if it didn't say I can.

Where does it mention to complete and return form DSP-122 to KCC if one is pursuing AOS? I can't find it anywhere on the instructions.

The way I read the instructions, you don't have to send back a thing to KCC. Instead you're supposed to contact USCIS to see if you're eligible for AOS, if so, pay the fee to the Department of State somewhere in PA, keep the receipt, then wait for your rank to become current, and file the required forms with USCIS.

Also, the instructions mention an enclosure titled "Visa Instructions for Diversity Immigrant Visa Applicants", but I can't find anywhere. I am guessing it is a left over from previous instructions for past DV years.

Yeah you are right that only DS-230 says about the additional sheets.
In my case, I sent only DSP-122 (I didnt send DS-230) to the KCC and I attached additional sheets with the information anyways. KCC received and everything was OK.

HenryID said:
Hi.
I'm filling form DSP-122 to return to KCC and I have a question. No. 6b (Education) states "Name and addresses of all schools". Do I have to write the whole address (street #, town, etc.) of the school, because there is really no space to do so. Is the Name of the school and country enough?
Thanks in advance, Henry.
I don't think it's a big deal. I personally put the city and country or just country, depending on how it fits. Actually, I've got the university address from the internet, so I can probably put it on the second line (since I don't have a lot to fill out). But, I don't have the High school (secondary school) address...

bahadur007 said:
Where does it mention to complete and return form DSP-122 to KCC if one is pursuing AOS? I can't find it anywhere on the instructions.

The way I read the instructions, you don't have to send back a thing to KCC. Instead you're supposed to contact USCIS to see if you're eligible for AOS, if so, pay the fee to the Department of State somewhere in PA, keep the receipt, then wait for your rank to become current, and file the required forms with USCIS.
I am not sure if it mentions that info anywhere. However, I was on the phone with KCC 2 days ago, and I was told to send back only DSP-122 for AOS (they need to have a record of winners doing AOS), and DSP-122 with DS-230 - for CP.

Ds-230

Dang,
I already filled out form DS-230 also and I'm also doing AOS.
I don't think it will hurt anything if I also send form DS-230 with the DSP-122 since I already filled it.

It won't hurt, but u just don't need it. If u r sending DSP-230, include pictures, bar code and everythig else what they ask. If i were u, i would send only DSP-122.

South America

Anyone from South America received winning notification?

I am in the US applied fifth time in a row. No luck yet.
I am from a small country: Panama.

Anyone from Panama.

hmz said:
It won't hurt, but u just don't need it. If u r sending DSP-230, include pictures, bar code and everythig else what they ask. If i were u, i would send only DSP-122.
And no pictures, right?

speedo said:
Anyone from South America received winning notification?

I am in the US applied fifth time in a row. No luck yet.
I am from a small country: Panama.

Anyone from Panama.

I am from South America, from a small country also, though not Panama. My notification was dated 3/29/2006. I received it on 4/13/2006.