• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2007: Case number Geographical Distribution

C8arly

Registered Users (C)
I noticed in the DV 2007 results announcement that, though they selected arnd 82.000 cases (vs 87.000 in DV2006), i. e. less than 10 percent less, some regions, i.e Oceania and South american case numbers were cut off by 30%.
That this means that there are less visas availables for those regions? Do the regional case numbers fluctuate according to any formulae? or they simply adjusted the number of cases selected because they were too high in the past (example: They selected 4400 for SA in 2006 and just called 1900, less than 44% of the initially selected, some similar happened to Oceania. This also happened for both areas in DV2005). Any idea?
This may be relevant to understand the future cut off numbers for these regions.
Thanks to all, Regards

C8arly said:
I noticed in the DV 2007 results announcement that, though they selected arnd 82.000 cases (vs 87.000 in DV2006), i. e. less than 10 percent less, some regions, i.e Oceania and South american case numbers were cut off by 30%.
That this means that there are less visas availables for those regions? Do the regional case numbers fluctuate according to any formulae? or they simply adjusted the number of cases selected because they were too high in the past (example: They selected 4400 for SA in 2006 and just called 1900, less than 44% of the initially selected, some similar happened to Oceania. This also happened for both areas in DV2005). Any idea?
This may be relevant to understand the future cut off numbers for these regions.
Thanks to all, Regards

Hello, where did you see the result for DV 2007? Thanks.

They only ensure that no single country gets more then 7% of the total visas available for that fiscal year.

The announcement they made for DV2007 only advises the number of principal applicants registered and does not include spouse and children (although KCC knows the total number of "potential" visa getters as they obtain it from the applications of the winners

e.g if all winners were married with 2 children then they would only register about 15000 or 20 000 winners (principal applicants)

Seeing low numbers for a region tells you that “a lot of” selected applicants are married with maybe some children