• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2002 forms question- #8 Evidence of Support

Timothy Huey

Hello. My sister-in-law won the 2002 lottery (or at least she was picked). According to the documents we received, the applicant is to get information together for the interview (birth certs, education certs, marriage license, pictures, etc...).

One of the items (specifically # 9 - Evidence of Support) says "Although you may be able to get a job soon after your arrival in the U.S. because of your education or work experience, nevertheless, you must also demonstrate that neither your nor your accompanying family members will become a public charge in the United States. If you have your own funds or being sponsored by a relative or friend, one or more of the following documents should show this"

The problem with the above statement is that it doesn\'t explain what is needed in the interview. Am I to provide an Affidavit of Support? If so, which form? Thanks Mr Khanna!

No Title

Sponsoring a DV loterry winner: My friend has won DV lottery. He will be facing interview next month. Does he need a sponsor in US to face the interview? If yes, can I sponsor him? What are the supporting papers for sponsoring him?

Thank you for your comments/suggestions.

Regards,
Zia