• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Duplicated application for DV lottery from winner's spouse

Mantuok

Hello everyone.
Me and my husband have applied for DV-2018. My husband has won. While discussing possible outcomes of interview, he mentioned that he'd heard about a guy who was refused with immigration visa because his spouse has accidentally applied for DV twice that year. Unfortunately I have a similar situation. About 8 years ago I paid a company for 10 years of automatic DV lottery application. I sent my photo only once, but the company kept sending my application for some years. Meanwhile I have married, changed my surname. Three years ago me and my husband decided to apply for DV ourselves. I sent a letter to the company expressing my desire to stop our agreement, they told me that they can freeze it until I change my mind and I agreed. So now my husband wins the lottery, I go to the company's website just to be sure that they did not apply for me for DV-2018 as well and to my horror they did applied. So it means that I have violated DV rules and applied for DV twice.
Please advise is there a chance that we will not be refused with immigration visa or we do not stand a chance?
Thank you very much!

I personally don't see how that can be a cause for refusal as it was not your entry that was selected, but your husband's. As long as his entry wasn't duplicated it can't be a problem.
Bear in mind there are always "scare stories" going around about various US immigration refusals.

Yep, I don't see how that will lead to a denial if your husband as the selectee did not have a duplicate entry.