DUI - 1St Offense - H1B stamping

No, i was not sentenced - i mean they didnt give me imprisonment - as that was my first DUI offense. It took me almost 44 Days after 221g refusal.

to 1ddui1

1ddui1 said:
No, i was not sentenced - i mean they didnt give me imprisonment - as that was my first DUI offense. It took me almost 44 Days after 221g refusal.
Thanks for the reply 1ddui1. Sorry to persist, was that 44 business days or just 44 calendar days?

new passport 221 g

I went to the US consulate in Mumbai today.....for H1 stamping after DUI....this is what happened...
went into the consulate...was given a pink token...then went to couter 1 and was fingerprinted....later I was called to one of the counters....the officer was a lady....she asked me which comapny I work for...then asked me to show my 797....asked how long i have been working with this company...i said almost 4 years....she asked if i ever changed companies in between...I said no...so she asked me to show me the previous 797...I showed it to her....in the end she said I can not give you a visa stamp on this passport because this is damaged...u have to apply for a new passport....so I got 221 g...with the reason "other" saying "new passport" she asked me to come back on any weekdays from mon to thursday at 9.30....
now here is the confusing part...she didnt even mention or talk abt my DUI and arrest....i am not sure if they are gonna ask me after i get the new passport....i am going to apply for a new passport ( renewal) tomorrorw...i think it will take atleast 2 weeks ( even through the agent )....then I'll go to the consulate again and will update u guys....wish me luck...

G...

regarding DUI

Hey guys,

I have been following the threads and am in a similar situation as i too was arrested for a DUI, but the charge was later lowered to Negligent Driving. I wanted to go visit the US and have to apply for a visa. What is the best approach?

Rajeev

going for interview tomorrow..

Got my new passport today...going for H1 stamping to us consulate in mumbai tomorrow 21 st april...wish me luck guys....i am kind of worried that after the first delay of one month ( for the new passport)...if they go for fbi check at this time then it will be additional 6-8 weeks for me...i am just banking on the fact that the officer who interviewed me last time didnt ask anything abt DUI....lets see what happens...I'll keep u guys posted...

G...

Guys Please help

I also in the same boat as many of you - first DUI and I have been avoiding going back to Bombay (home) since more than a year.

After reading everything you guys posted, I have a couple more questions -

1) What if we answer "No" to the arrest question on DS156?? Or is this a big mistake - do they know regardless of whether you put it on your form or not?

2) If I do say Yes and send my application for an appointment - is there some way I can expediate the whole process? Can I do that fingerprint stage etc before I get there for my appointment? Because I can only go back for two weeks.

Please let me know - I really appreciate it!

Dui

Hey you all.I am a pakistani citizen currently on a F 1 visa which is valed till sep 2006.I got a DWI in sep 2004.I am still on unsupervised probation but have completed all the court requirements.I was thinking of visitig Pakistan.my question is "is it Ok.keep one thing in mind that I am from one of the country where you have to register when you enter US".I will appreciate ya all's suggestion.Thankyou in advance

duiproblemdude said:
Hi Help_vt

It's been more than 50 days since I got 221 g and I have not heard back from them yet. When I call the they asked me to be patient and wait for their call. How long should I wait? Do you know anyone who had this delay?

duiproblemdude said:
Hi Help_vt

It's been more than 50 days since I got 221 g and I have not heard back from them yet. When I call the they asked me to be patient and wait for their call. How long should I wait? Do you know anyone who had this delay?

When did you get your Visa finally ?

PERM process gurus please IM me

I know this is the wrong section to post it...But I know people from this section only...cuz i had DUI and still got H1B1 stamped without any problem....AND... I have a totally different question about GC perm process, counting work experience, internal transfer within the company, or changing company in 5 th year H1...

So anyone on this DUI section who has helped me before, please send me an IM or email me ( not posting my real question here as I dont want to change the discussion topic abt DUI and H1)

Please....IM me to help me !!

Thanks,

G.....

First DWI offence

Hey Guys!!!

I came to U.S as a Student, completed Masters and now I am working / living in Houston, Texas.
I was arrested for DWI on January 04, 2008. I appointed a lawyer, but still I had to plead guilty. So my case was closed on May 07, 2008. I was not sentenced any jail or probation. I just paid fine.
The only thing was: I got my license suspended for one year. Anyways, I will get my license back by May 2009.
Last time I went to India was during August 2006. My last entry into U.S was as a student. My H1B started on October 01, 2007.
Now, between March 2009 and May 2009, I am planning to go to India to get married.

One more important thing is, i got my Green Card PERM filed on October 12, 2008. Does this DWI conviction has anything to do with PERM. Any thing i need to be aware of in this regard.. pls advice me.

Regarding H1B Stamping,
What documents I need from court?
How to get background check done while I am here in U.S?

I would appreciate all your help.