1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual US-Pakistani citizen, do I really need a NICOP, can't I use passport?

Discussion in 'Life After Citizenship' started by nomii, Aug 12, 2013.

1. maverickfhs

maverickfhs New Member

Thanks a million Sir, really appreciate it.

2. EverAnImmigrant

EverAnImmigrant New Member

Recent experience with travelling without NICOP - Oct 2013

Hi,

I traveled from London to Pakistan with a Pakistani and British passport, and did not have to show a NICOP upon entry at Lahore back in October 2013. My brother recently went from the US and the Pakistani consulate in Chicago insisted that he get a visa and that it was a requirement, and he did so before traveling. I have to ask him if they checked the visa or the NICOP when he arrived in Lahore.

Last year in Mar 2013, me and my family all traveled on our dual passports without NICOPs.

But overall its clear from my experience and others that dual passport holders are traveling quite frequently without NICOP and there are no issues - but in a place like Pakistan that could very well be due to inconsistent checking or enforcement of policies.

I will be checking this again this week since there is upcoming travel and will post an update.

3. aamirsyd123

aamirsyd123 New Member

I have US and Pakistani Valid Passport. Don't have pakistani visa or NICOP. I already booked the ticket but i m worried about
    Pakistani visa. Can i travel to pakistani in this scenario ? If yes what passport i will use while going to Pakistan and what passport
    i will use while coming back to US. Pease advice and share your exeperiences. I will be very thankful to you.

Thanks
    Aamir

4. aamirsyd123

aamirsyd123 New Member

I have US and Pakistani Valid Passport. Don't have pakistani visa or NICOP. I already booked the ticket but i m worried about
    Pakistani visa. Can i travel to pakistani in this scenario ? If yes what passport i will use while going to Pakistan and what passport
    i will use while coming back to US. Pease advice and share your exeperiences. I will be very thankful to you.

Thanks
    Aamir

5. aamirsyd123

aamirsyd123 New Member

Thanks
    Aamir

6. Aatif1974

Aatif1974 New Member

I have gone through the all the posts in this thread. I've the same question, can I travel to Pakistan using my valid Pakistani passport and come back on my US passport or do I need a visa on my US passport? I called embassy and they say, you need a visa. Any recent experiences?
    Thanks.

7. Triple Citizen

Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

Yes you can do that.

8. UmerKhan

UmerKhan New Member

Guys I had a same confusion, as I am travelling next week. So I emailed our embassy here.

I just received a response from Consulate General of Pakistan Houston. Saying "If your Pakistani passport is valid you can certainly travel to Pakistan".

9. zee40

zee40 Member

You should be able to use Pakistan passport to enter Pakistan and US to enter US. Even though the Pakistan embassy might tell otherwise.
    You shouldn't face any issues with this approach regardless of having a NICOP or not. I am planning on using Pak and US passport for traveling.
    Pak cant deny entry since you are Pak citizen and US cant deny entry because you are US citizen. Several people have dual citizens and dont have any problems using dual passports.
    Umerkhan-
    Did your trip go successfully?

10. medicinemaan

medicinemaan Registered Users (C)

Can you travel to pakistan with a US passport and a CNIC (Not NICOP) Computerized National Identity Card

11. zee40

zee40 Member

I doubt you can enter with CNIC because its not an acceptable document for entrance into Pakistan. Inside Pakistan, it works well.
    I would either call the embassy and find out, and at the same time apply for NICOP. Legally when you are residing outside Pakistan you are supposed to have NICOP and not a CNIC.