• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DS260 processing time for someone who already has an SSN and A#

gnzl

Hello all!

I know that none of you could answer the following questions with 100% of accuracy and I am also aware that the answers might come from speculation only, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on the following issues:

Preface:
I entered the US on a K1 visa on may 26th 2015, I was assigned an alien registration number at the POE; and I applied and obtained an SSN a few days after. I did not get married due to force majeure; however me and my ex remain as friends.

At the POE, I was given until the 23rd of August to stay in the U.S. and I departed on the 19th, to comply with the 90 day rule. I had intended to leave the U.S. on July 17th, but I changed my plane tickets to enjoy as much as I could my stay in the U.S. In the mean time, I made a huge network of friends, and kind of started to establish myself in the city I was at.

I didn't find out that I was a DV2016 selectee until June 28th, and submitted my application on June 30th, then unlocked it, and then I waited until I was out of the U.S. to submit it again, because the DS260 asks about previous U.S. trips, and I wanted to provide an exact answer to the number of days I stayed.

Also, my number is current for the South American and the Caribbean geographical areas as of October 2015 but I have not received yet my 2NL.

My question is:

Given the fact that I already have the following:
1. An alien registration number issued by the DHS,
2. A Social Security Number
both of them issued in the last 6 months,

And also, considering that I had a "Name Check" and "Fingerprint Check" performed by the FBI less than last 12 months ago, Do you think that my DS260 will be processed faster than usual?

Do you think I will get my 2NL next month and be scheduled for an interview in November?

I am aiming at a November interview, entering the U.S. not later than Dec 15. I know this is a patience game but I can't hardly wait to catch up where I left in the U.S.!

Thanks,

Hello all!

I know that none of you could answer the following questions with 100% of accuracy and I am also aware that the answers might come from speculation only, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on the following issues:

Preface:
I entered the US on a K1 visa on may 26th 2015, I was assigned an alien registration number at the POE; and I applied and obtained an SSN a few days after. I did not get married due to force majeure; however me and my ex remain as friends.

At the POE, I was given until the 23rd of August to stay in the U.S. and I departed on the 19th, to comply with the 90 day rule. I had intended to leave the U.S. on July 17th, but I changed my plane tickets to enjoy as much as I could my stay in the U.S. In the mean time, I made a huge network of friends, and kind of started to establish myself in the city I was at.

I didn't find out that I was a DV2016 selectee until June 28th, and submitted my application on June 30th, then unlocked it, and then I waited until I was out of the U.S. to submit it again, because the DS260 asks about previous U.S. trips, and I wanted to provide an exact answer to the number of days I stayed.

Also, my number is current for the South American and the Caribbean geographical areas as of October 2015 but I have not received yet my 2NL.

My question is:

Given the fact that I already have the following:
1. An alien registration number issued by the DHS,
2. A Social Security Number
both of them issued in the last 6 months,

And also, considering that I had a "Name Check" and "Fingerprint Check" performed by the FBI less than last 12 months ago, Do you think that my DS260 will be processed faster than usual?

Do you think I will get my 2NL next month and be scheduled for an interview in November?

I am aiming at a November interview, entering the U.S. not later than Dec 15. I know this is a patience game but I can't hardly wait to catch up where I left in the U.S.!

Thanks,

Your late submission of the DS260 was the reason you did not get an October interview. For October, they scheduled current cases where the DS260 was submitted up to about the end of May. As you have guessed, there is a little flex between processing speed of cases. We don't know the exact timeline of how far they will get for the November interviews - I would say your case will be borderline between being ready or not. I don't think the factors you raise will speed things up, so you could toss a coin between November and December.

Hello @Britsimon and @gnzl I hope i may receive an answer to my enquiry too please,
Firstly i hope @gnzl you gonna be scheduled as fast as it can be, i understand you frustration and impatience, and we are on the same boat,

So my timeline is closely same as yours, I was abroad ( NOT USA ) and want it to wait until i get home before sending my DS260, so i opened my 1NL on the June 28th, and send it by June 30th, and my case number is 2016AF9XXX , so i will be current for novembre, and i believe i normally have to receive my 2NL by the end of september, but i'm afraid that 2,5 or 3 months won't be enough to precess my case,
my questions are :

1) will I receive my 2NL by the end of september or will my case be delayed for later ?
2) do I have the right to call KCC and ask if my case is processed by mid-september ?

Thank you so much Mr @Britsimon and everyone who may light me .

Hello @Britsimon and @gnzl I hope i may receive an answer to my enquiry too please,
Firstly i hope @gnzl you gonna be scheduled as fast as it can be, i understand you frustration and impatience, and we are on the same boat,

So my timeline is closely same as yours, I was abroad ( NOT USA ) and want it to wait until i get home before sending my DS260, so i opened my 1NL on the June 28th, and send it by June 30th, and my case number is 2016AF9XXX , so i will be current for novembre, and i believe i normally have to receive my 2NL by the end of september, but i'm afraid that 2,5 or 3 months won't be enough to precess my case,
my questions are :

1) will I receive my 2NL by the end of september or will my case be delayed for later ?
2) do I have the right to call KCC and ask if my case is processed by mid-september ?

Thank you so much Mr @Britsimon and everyone who may light me .

I think you will be borderline between a September 2NL and October one. But so what? It just means it will be a month later - no other impact - you don't "miss your chance" or something like that.

I think you will be borderline between a September 2NL and October one. But so what? It just means it will be a month later - no other impact - you don't "miss your chance" or something like that.
Call KCC and ask if they have processed your DS260, that's what I've done :) they are very friendly.

Thank you so much Mr @Britsimon , i didn't know i only will be borderline, i taught i will loose my visa number and i will wait for another one to be available for me, what a release, getting the 2NL by september or october are both suitable for me, thank you again for lighting me sir.

Call KCC and ask if they have processed your DS260, that's what I've done :) they are very friendly.

Thank you @Dalia2015 for your advice, indeed i saw that you called them and asked about your case if it's processed, and i taught maybe i could do same as you, i hope it will work for me too and i'll be able to have an answer, would you please tell me how was the call, what they gonna ask for in the beginning ? how the call will be processed ? thank you so much

Thank you so much Mr @Britsimon , i didn't know i only will be borderline, i taught i will loose my visa number and i will wait for another one to be available for me, what a release, getting the 2NL by september or october are both suitable for me, thank you again for lighting me sir.

You only risk losing your visa number if you have actually interviewed in a month but are on AP and haven't been issued the visa by month end. It's also not generally a problem for people interviewing early in the fiscal year anyway.

You only risk losing your visa number if you have actually interviewed in a month but are on AP and haven't been issued the visa by month end. It's also not generally a problem for people interviewing early in the fiscal year anyway.

Thank you very much @SusieQQQ for the clarifications, i understand very well now what are the cases where the one may lose his visa number, and i hope it won't happen to me.
may i ask another question please ?
i have lived in another country after the age of 16yrs, so i have to bring the police certificate of that country too, and now that i have it (a friend did it for me and sent it to me ), i saw it only have my full name, date and place of birth, but not my passport number, do you think that would be a problem and i have to ask one of my friends to go get me another one and ask to put my ID number ?, or my full name, date of birth and place of birth ( city & country ) are enough ?
I have everything in order and all my supportive documents, except that one who makes me feel afraid :(:(

Thank you very much @SusieQQQ for the clarifications, i understand very well now what are the cases where the one may lose his visa number, and i hope it won't happen to me.
may i ask another question please ?
i have lived in another country after the age of 16yrs, so i have to bring the police certificate of that country too, and now that i have it (a friend did it for me and sent it to me ), i saw it only have my full name, date and place of birth, but not my passport number, do you think that would be a problem and i have to ask one of my friends to go get me another one and ask to put my ID number ?, or my full name, date of birth and place of birth ( city & country ) are enough ?
I have everything in order and all my supportive documents, except that one who makes me feel afraid :(:(

I would assume what you have is standard, however: Please go the dvselectee pages linked from your selection letter. In the section where it talks about gathering supporting documents, specifically under things like the police record, there are links to what they call the "reciprocity by country" pages. Look up the one for the country your police certificate is from, and see if there are any special instructions about what it should contain. If it doesn't specify anything particular like that then I would guess you are fine. These are the same pages the embassy will be using as guidelines.

I would assume what you have is standard, however: Please go the dvselectee pages linked from your selection letter. In the section where it talks about gathering supporting documents, specifically under things like the police record, there are links to what they call the "reciprocity by country" pages. Look up the one for the country your police certificate is from, and see if there are any special instructions about what it should contain. If it doesn't specify anything particular like that then I would guess you are fine. These are the same pages the embassy will be using as guidelines.

Thank you so much @SusieQQQ for this very important information, i just found the information i was looking for due to your help, and it says :

Foreigners can obtain a police record, (Extrait de Casier Judiciaire Special), from the Greffier de la Cour D'Appel Du Tribunal Departemental de Dakar, Bloc Des Madeleine, Avenue Andre Peytavin, Dakar, Senegal. The same fee of CFA 380 is collected for the service. Foreigners need to include a form of photo ID and the names of their parents with the request for the police report. It takes two days to one week to process this request. For foreigners in Senegal, they can pay the fee directly at the court. For former residents currently living outside of Senegal who are requesting the police report from abroad, the fee must be paid by bank draft.

Now it make sense and i know what i should do to ask for this paper again as the one i have now don't mean anything beside what is written in this section.

Questions :
Photo ID does it mean a photo that we took in the Photolab . or is it a a ID photocopy ?
What is the request for the police report ? is it a paper my friend should write a demand ( request ) asking for the police report ?

BIG THANKS @SusieQQQ

Thank you so much @SusieQQQ for this very important information, i just found the information i was looking for due to your help, and it says :

Foreigners can obtain a police record, (Extrait de Casier Judiciaire Special), from the Greffier de la Cour D'Appel Du Tribunal Departemental de Dakar, Bloc Des Madeleine, Avenue Andre Peytavin, Dakar, Senegal. The same fee of CFA 380 is collected for the service. Foreigners need to include a form of photo ID and the names of their parents with the request for the police report. It takes two days to one week to process this request. For foreigners in Senegal, they can pay the fee directly at the court. For former residents currently living outside of Senegal who are requesting the police report from abroad, the fee must be paid by bank draft.

Now it make sense and i know what i should do to ask for this paper again as the one i have now don't mean anything beside what is written in this section.

Questions :
Photo ID does it mean a photo that we took in the Photolab . or is it a a ID photocopy ?
What is the request for the police report ? is it a paper my friend should write a demand ( request ) asking for the police report ?

BIG THANKS @SusieQQQ

Photo ID is government issued identification with a photo. Could be passport, ID card, drivers license etc.

so i have to bring the police certificate of that country too, and now that i have it (a friend did it for me and sent it to me ), i saw it only have my full name, date and place of birth, but not my passport number, do you think that would be a problem and i have to ask one of my friends to go get me another one and ask to put my ID number ?, or my full name, date of birth and place of birth ( city & country ) are enough ?

None of my police certificates have a passport number on them. I think you're worrying about nothing.

None of my police certificates have a passport number on them. I think you're worrying about nothing.
Thank you @guestgulkan
Even your police certificate from a foreign country doesn't have a ID number ?

I will maybe include a picture of the one i received and have your opinions please ?
i even talked to some friends and it's summer now so everyones is out the country and i still have two friends inside the country i will contact them by tomorrow to help me even if they are a kilometers far from where they have to take it for me , other wise i started considering the fact to take a trip ticket and go do it by my self, and the ticket cost around (600$ :(:(:()

Thank you @guestgulkan
Even your police certificate from a foreign country doesn't have a ID number ?

I will maybe include a picture of the one i received and have your opinions please ?
i even talked to some friends and it's summer now so everyones is out the country and i still have two friends inside the country i will contact them by tomorrow to help me even if they are a kilometers far from where they have to take it for me , other wise i started considering the fact to take a trip ticket and go do it by my self, and the ticket cost around (600$ :(:(:()

I have 4 different police certificates and none have a passport number.

Think about it - do all Senegalese have a passport? Probably not. So why would they put a passport number on a police certificate?

I have 4 different police certificates and none have a passport number.

Think about it - do all Senegalese have a passport? Probably not. So why would they put a passport number on a police certificate?
But i'm Moroccan. I only lived there for studies, and i mentioned passport instead of ID card, and yes all senegalaise have ID card and obviously to retrieve a police record, you need your ID card, i dont have a problem for the one i will take in my home country where I'm now, but the one from Senegal i think it should also contain a ID number ( card or passport ) don't you think ?

Ard91_Xs_Xx9n3u_M8_Rm_QSTm_ICUs_O7_Mz_n6_IABj1dg_NPRFp.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

But i'm Moroccan. I only lived there for studies, and i mentioned passport instead of ID card, and yes all senegalaise have ID card and obviously to retrieve a police record, you need your ID card, i dont have a problem for the one i will take in my home country where I'm now, but the one from Senegal i think it should also contain a ID number ( card or passport ) don't you think ?

Yes but ID numbers are the same for life, passport numbers change every time you get a new passport, and IDs mean nothing in other countries. Stop worrying. No number you have means anything in Senegal.

Yes but ID numbers are the same for life, passport numbers change every time you get a new passport, and IDs mean nothing in other countries. Stop worrying. No number you have means anything in Senegal.
Yes you're right @SusieQQQ i will try to stop worrying, i'll give it a try and do like it was mentioned in the "reciprocity by country" , if i can, it's okey, if not, i'll keep the one i have right now and hope it gonna work.