• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DS260 Form Help!

Roykeane8080

Hi all... I have gone like to a dozen countries with short term stay (less than a month) in most of them in a hotel or guest house. Do I have to write them all in the Previous Address part of the DS-260 form. Please help.

Thanks.

I really appreciate what admin and group is doing, from fifth of may with full explanation, even guessing for "session timed out" turned out to be winners, So everything is really helpful and correct.
I have question:
In filling up form DS 260 what do we write in column petitioner?
- what For principal applicant ( winner )
- do we write for dependents that petitioner is winner of lottery or something else.
Please help.
Thank you very much

Where does it ask for petitioner? DV doesn't require petitioners, as far as I know.

Where does it ask for petitioner? DV doesn't require petitioners, as far as I know.
Thanks for fast replay
I didn't open yet online form, i am trying to collect all info so i don't make mistake.
On those pdf forms ds 260 it asks for pettitioner.
Is maybe online form for lottery winers diferent?
Thanks

Wow, thank you so much for reffering to this answer, and once again thanks to Britsimon from the bottom of the heart. All explained in to details.
Regards

I didn't opon yet online form, i am trying to collect all info so i don't make mistake.
No reason to be afraid of opening DS260. You can put data, save them and return later on to add or edit info. Don't know your CN but suggest to submit the form asap in order to avoid delays.

As @Flori_ALB_NY said, you can input data, save, exit and come back at a later time.

When you are ready, there is a specific page in the form where you submit. Until you formally submit, there is no harm in inputting data as you get it.

Some information will be easy and you can input straight away. Others, like addresses and work history might take longer to pull together.

I went through my own DS260 form and there is no need for a petitioner.

I'd suggest you check out @Britsimon's post (link below) because it has the DS260 we had to use for DV2015. Assuming that DV2016 is no different, I'd be using this as your example of what information you need to provide. :)

http://britsimonsays.com/completing-the-ds260-for-dv-lottery-entrants/

Emily's right, there is no petitioner section - I'm going through the DS260 now.

While we're asking questions I might throw (yet another) one of my own out there so I stop clogging the OC thread. :p I'm still a tertiary student, so my primary occupation would be student - but where it asks "do you have any other occupations?" would I put down casual/part time work? Or just leave it since it's not a full time occupation? Anyone know? :)

hello , i have been selected for the further processing in 2016 lottery but i have a problem that i never noticed .
my family name is "ABDOVEIS" but in my passport is "ABDOVEISI" and in other files like birth certificate , and my card service .
my question is do i have to change all of that ?
or if a dont change them can i change it in the future .
thanks for your answer

Thanks, you're probably right! I'm at that point of overthinking every question to avoid making any errors. :p

I did the same. The guys on here gave me the advice that what I thought were deal breakers wouldn't be. And I didn't believe them until the CO finally said he'd approved our visas!

It's normal to stress but, @SusieQQQ has said something along the lines of, they WANT us to get these visas. So, unless you have made an unforgivable mistake - like forgetting to mention a spouse and / or child - or you are a thoroughly untrustworthy character and have a long criminal record.... you're golden.

We had a few mistakes in our eDV that we had to correct in the DS260. We had to get birth certificates and marriage certificates corrected because they weren't consistent with each other. We had to get new passports. All of which I thought would throw us into AP at best, denial at worst.

Not a single one of those things were mentioned at interview. Just be honest. Give them what they are asking for in the DS260. And ask us if you have any concerns. :)

I did the same. The guys on here gave me the advice that what I thought were deal breakers wouldn't be. And I didn't believe them until the CO finally said he'd approved our visas!

It's normal to stress but, @SusieQQQ has said something along the lines of, they WANT us to get these visas. So, unless you have made an unforgivable mistake - like forgetting to mention a spouse and / or child - or you are a thoroughly untrustworthy character and have a long criminal record.... you're golden.

We had a few mistakes in our eDV that we had to correct in the DS260. We had to get birth certificates and marriage certificates corrected because they weren't consistent with each other. We had to get new passports. All of which I thought would throw us into AP at best, denial at worst.

Not a single one of those things were mentioned at interview. Just be honest. Give them what they are asking for in the DS260. And ask us if you have any concerns. :)

Very reassuring advice! I'm so glad everything worked out for you, we all tend to think the things that will cause huge problems cause no problems at all. It's very lucky we all have access to this forum and so many helpful people to keep all us pesky worrywarts at bay. o_O

I really appreciate what admin and group is doing, from fifth of may with full explanation, even guessing for "session timed out" turned out to be winners, So everything is really helpful and correct.
I have question:
In filling up form DS 260 what do we write in column petitioner?
- what For principal applicant ( winner )
- do we write for dependents that petitioner is winner of lottery or something else.
Please help.
Thank you very much

Waddya mean "guessing". Scientifically, programatically, deduced!

:rolleyes::p:D