• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DS-260 Re-opened Discussion

moe2015

Hello everyone ,, this thread is for 2015 selectees re-opened thier DS-260, in order to update data or change interview location, sharing informations about CN, delay duration, and KCC response is very helpful with the great experience of Britsimon, Sm1smom, as well as input from other respectfull members.

1st Question for u guys ,,
re-opened my DS-260 2 weeks ago, made my changes for address and so on, submitted again and received confirmation e-mail from KCC with the new date (14-oct),,
but today, my CEAC status still appears as PRINCIPAL APPLICANT, RE-OPENED , and i can log in and edit again !!! isnt it supposed to be locked as the former status PRINCIPAL APPLICANT, COMPLETED ??
any idea ? those who have similar condition ??

Greetings.i reguested the reopening of my DS260 4 days ago and no reply from KCC.wil they inform me that the form has been reopen through a mail or should i check the CEAC side regularly?
Camair, for my case it took KCC 8 working days to re-open my ds260 , check your email around 7-10 days, they will send you an email telling you its unlocked now go and update ur data.

yes Sensei-san they send an email similar to the previous one, can you please check your CEAC DS260 Status !! is it COMPLETED or RE OPENED ??
Sending of an email is not automatic. You chose whether an email of the confirmation page be sent to the email address you listed on the form or not, so if you don't have it, it is because you chose not to receive it.

From experience, interview location is - I believe - the only field that cannot be modified on the DS-260 even if they unlock it. If you want to change Interview location you need to send an email to KCC and tell them where you want your interview to take place. Even after they acknowledge that change through email, this will not be reflected on your DS-260 (the field will not be updated); don't worry, it's normal.
If by some miracle someone was able to change their interview location on an unlocked DS-260, please let us know.

I omitted one no. of my Host's phone no. in my Ds 260 which I submitted on May 2015. but other details email n address are OK. any need of unlocking request? pliz help

From experience, interview location is - I believe - the only field that cannot be modified on the DS-260 even if they unlock it. If you want to change Interview location you need to send an email to KCC and tell them where you want your interview to take place. Even after they acknowledge that change through email, this will not be reflected on your DS-260 (the field will not be updated); don't worry, it's normal.
If by some miracle someone was able to change their interview location on an unlocked DS-260, please let us know.

Hi Bobsy, I know its been a couple of years since your last post. But, I am in the same dilemma as you. I submitted the DS-260 to process AOS and now I am thinking of changing it to CP. Were you successfully able to change the location and get the permanent residency ? Is there any problems if you contact the KCC to unlock your DS-260? Was your processing delayed for changing from AOS to CP ?

Hi Bobsy, I know its been a couple of years since your last post. But, I am in the same dilemma as you. I submitted the DS-260 to process AOS and now I am thinking of changing it to CP. Were you successfully able to change the location and get the permanent residency ? Is there any problems if you contact the KCC to unlock your DS-260? Was your processing delayed for changing from AOS to CP ?

We know a lot more about the DS260 forms now. AOS cases are not subject to any DS260 background checking. So - switching from AOS to CP will require processing - which means that is impossible for DV2016, and would cause some delay (3 or 4 months perhaps) in DV2017. To unlock - read the link below.

http://britsimonsays.com/faq/how-do-i-unlock-my-ds260/

We know a lot more about the DS260 forms now. AOS cases are not subject to any DS260 background checking. So - switching from AOS to CP will require processing - which means that is impossible for DV2016, and would cause some delay (3 or 4 months perhaps) in DV2017. To unlock - read the link below.

http://britsimonsays.com/faq/how-do-i-unlock-my-ds260/

I am selected for DV 2017 and my case number is AS57XX. I submitted by DS260 form on June 8th and chose AOS as the option for further processing. But now, I am thinking of getting married and go back home and continue with any process. But, I cant leave US until I graduate in December. What do you think are my options ahead ? And if I switch now would that cause a delay in processing, although processing for DV 2017 has not started ?

I am selected for DV 2017 and my case number is AS57XX. I submitted by DS260 form on June 8th and chose AOS as the option for further processing. But now, I am thinking of getting married and go back home and continue with any process. But, I cant leave US until I graduate in December. What do you think are my options ahead ? And if I switch now would that cause a delay in processing, although processing for DV 2017 has not started ?

Your case won't be current for some time anyway. So - there is nor harm in switching to CP at this point. The case will be processing for a few months. HOWEVER, you would be better off including your spouse on the process, so you actually NOT switch until nearer the wedding. Plan the wedding for as soon as possible, and then you can submit just before the wedding (unlocking to add your spouse) or submit at the same time as your spouse. Don't get hung up on thoughts of delays or speed. You have until September 30 2017 to process you case - so "right" is more important than "fast".

It will be as late as December though when I get back , and I am currently in the US. Would it be a problem if I ask KCC to unlock it now and ask them to switch it to CP, and then unlock it again in December when I get back to get married and then add my spouse? The problem is that my soon to be wife is back in my home country and I cant go back before December.

Your case won't be current for some time anyway. So - there is nor harm in switching to CP at this point. The case will be processing for a few months. HOWEVER, you would be better off including your spouse on the process, so you actually NOT switch until nearer the wedding. Plan the wedding for as soon as possible, and then you can submit just before the wedding (unlocking to add your spouse) or submit at the same time as your spouse. Don't get hung up on thoughts of delays or speed. You have until September 30 2017 to process you case - so "right" is more important than "fast".
It will be as late as December though when I get back , and I am currently in the US. Would it be a problem if I ask KCC to unlock it now and ask them to switch it to CP, and then unlock it again in December when I get back to get married and then add my spouse? The problem is that my soon to be wife is back in my home country and I cant go back before December.

Don't switch now. If you switch now, there is a chance (small one) that you get scheduled before you can add your wife. That would complicate things because you cannot unlock the DS260 once you are scheduled. Like I said , you are focusing on speed. Focus instead on getting it right.