• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DS 260 Permanent Address question

Only vocational but failed to mention High school and primary school thing!

Even if though you were using Work Experience, the instructions say you must enter your Secondary and higher educational history. Follow the rules or you'll end up in trouble. Did you enter everything or did you skip some?

Ok I will write your email:

Hello,

Sorry to bother you. I made a mistake in my DS-260. Can you please unlock it so I can correct?

My name is Fred Jenkinson
My Date of Birth is: February 29 1990
My case number is: AF0000062***

Thanks for your time
Fred Jenkinson

Even if though you were using Work Experience, the instructions say you must enter your Secondary and higher educational history. Follow the rules or you'll end up in trouble. Did you enter everything or did you skip some?

Ok I will write your email:

Hello,

Sorry to bother you. I made a mistake in my DS-260. Can you please unlock it so I can correct?

My name is Fred Jenkinson
My Date of Birth is: February 29 1990
My case number is: AF0000062***

Thanks for your time
Fred Jenkinson

@guestgulkan....thanks, was too nervous.....!!!

Only vocational but failed to mention High school and primary school thing!

Very strange. As Gulkan says the instructions are pretty clear. I hope he doesn't come from a country that is known for fake high school certificates or the CO may wonder why there is no high school on the form yet he magically appears with a high school diploma. (There are some countries where a lot of people get refused for showing up with fake diplomas.)

Let's bring this old jewelry back to life! ;)

Just a quick question regarding the adress, I just put a P.O. box in NY on my DS260 application and I have a few friends willing to lend me their adress for the interview and the actual green card. I'm not interested in living at any of these places though and some people say that I should make it plausible at the interview that I will be staying at that adress. Does it really matter if I say an adress in Florida and live in Ohio two months later?

Let's bring this old jewelry back to life! ;)

Just a quick question regarding the adress, I just put a P.O. box in NY on my DS260 application and I have a few friends willing to lend me their adress for the interview and the actual green card. I'm not interested in living at any of these places though and some people say that I should make it plausible at the interview that I will be staying at that adress. Does it really matter if I say an adress in Florida and live in Ohio two months later?

No, it doesn't matter. All that matters for uscis is that you supply a valid street address for the green card to get sent to.
(Many people on DV visas have no idea what their permanent address will be when they move - we didn't and in the old days before electronic DS forms we just wrote unknown. It wasn't a problem as long as there was an address for the card to get sent to.)

No, it doesn't matter. All that matters for uscis is that you supply a valid street address for the green card to get sent to.
(Many people on DV visas have no idea what their permanent address will be when they move - we didn't and in the old days before electronic DS forms we just wrote unknown. It wasn't a problem as long as there was an address for the card to get sent to.)

Thank you, that's what I thought. I don't like when people are messing with my head and trying to make things harder than they are!

Hey guys, I've been selected for further processing and my CN is 2015EU00025xxx.

I started to fill out the DS 260 but I'm stuck at this question:
Permanent Address
Please provide the following information on where you intend to live after arrival in the United States.

How can I provide an address in the US if I just found out I was selected? I have some idea regarding the city I want to live in (even that might change) but an actual address??

I wonder what some of you did regarding this...

Thanks for the help.

hello there i have the same problem here...

what was ur solution eventually ?
Hey guys, I've been selected for further processing and my CN is 2015EU00025xxx.

I started to fill out the DS 260 but I'm stuck at this question:
Permanent Address
Please provide the following information on where you intend to live after arrival in the United States.

How can I provide an address in the US if I just found out I was selected? I have some idea regarding the city I want to live in (even that might change) but an actual address??

I wonder what some of you did regarding this...

Thanks for the help.

Hello there .. i have the same problem in 2020.. please can you tell me what was ur solution eventually?

hello there i have the same problem here...

what was ur solution eventually ?

Hello there .. i have the same problem in 2020.. please can you tell me what was ur solution eventually?
if you continued to read you would have found the solution - you can write any address in your DS-260, it makes no difference. You can update with a different address at your POE