• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DS 260 Permanent Address question

Mehdi Muman

Hey guys, I've been selected for further processing

I started to fill out the DS 260 but I'm stuck at this question:
Permanent Address
Please provide the following information on where you intend to live after arrival in the United States.

How can I provide an address in the US if I just found out I was selected? I have some idea regarding the city I want to live in (even that might change) but an actual address??

I wonder what some of you did regarding this...

Thanks for the help.

The best idea is to use a trusted friend's address.

Some people choose a "random" address (such as a hotel or whatever) to start with but then update that at the interview. It can also be updated at the POE - but a few people either forget to update at the POE or the CBP officer tells them they can't do that. So - have the address by the interview and update it then.

For now, you can put basically any address on the form: hotel, embassy, friend, friend of friend, whatever to enable you submit the form.

However you still need to update the address to a real one, which could be before the interview (you'll need to request KCC to unlock your form in order to do this), or when you go for the interview. You may also be able to update it at the POE. Bottom line is you will need a real address eventually as that is where your GC will be sent to.

The best idea is to use a trusted friend's address.

Some people choose a "random" address (such as a hotel or whatever) to start with but then update that at the interview. It can also be updated at the POE - but a few people either forget to update at the POE or the CBP officer tells them they can't do that. So - have the address by the interview and update it then.

Thank you for your answer but i have another question please, what do "POE" and "CBP" means

For now, you can put basically any address on the form: hotel, embassy, friend, friend of friend, whatever to enable you submit the form.

However you still need to update the address to a real one, which could be before the interview (you'll need to request KCC to unlock your form in order to do this), or when you go for the interview. You may also be able to update it at the POE. Bottom line is you will need a real address eventually as that is where your GC will be sent to.

Thank you for your answer but i have another question please, can i just write just UNKNOWN for the address ?

Thank you for your answer but i have another question please, can i just write just UNKNOWN for the address ?

Maybe, I don't know if the system will allow you to submit the form with that since you're also required to fill out he zip code part of the address.