• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DS-260 Address gap while travelling

Declan123

A few years ago I spent 6 months travelling and so I didn't have a permanent address at this time. Given you're not allowed to have a gap of more than a month between addresses on the DS-260, I was wondering how I ought to proceed.

Ordinarily I'd probably just extend the dates of the places I was living before and afterward to cover it, but annoyingly the 6 months travelling was sandwiched between two overseas exchange semesters, so I don't think that's an option in this case. The only option I can think of is that I was receiving mail at my parents place during that time, so while I wasn't living there it's the closest thing I had to an actual address during those 6 months. Would this be acceptable to the KCC/at the interview?

Any advice greatly appreciated :)

A few years ago I spent 6 months travelling and so I didn't have a permanent address at this time. Given you're not allowed to have a gap of more than a month between addresses on the DS-260, I was wondering how I ought to proceed.

Ordinarily I'd probably just extend the dates of the places I was living before and afterward to cover it, but annoyingly the 6 months travelling was sandwiched between two overseas exchange semesters, so I don't think that's an option in this case. The only option I can think of is that I was receiving mail at my parents place during that time, so while I wasn't living there it's the closest thing I had to an actual address during those 6 months. Would this be acceptable to the KCC/at the interview?

Any advice greatly appreciated :)

I was traveling for a year post college and just wrote something to that effect - 'traveling in (countries)' for the relevant time period instead of an actual address.