driver license valid for only one year and three months

zha

I wrote an online complaint to Georgia DMV: I have just received my driver license valid for only one year and three months. It expires in Feb 2019, 8 months before my green card (2 year conditional) expires. This causes a huge problem for me. I will not be able to renew my driver license before I start the application of renewing my green card in July 2019. This means I will have several months without a valid driver license. The system is unfair, and violation of human rights. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Maybe I sounded too harsh. or it's unwise to make accusations: system unfair, violation of human rights. I hope I don't get into trouble. I do feel they make it hard for us to obtain a driver license. Life is difficult here without a car. If the public transport is great here, then I should not be worried.

I received a limited-term license.
This is what I found regarding "limited-term":
§ 37.21 Temporary or limited-term driver's licenses and identification cards.
States may only issue a temporary or limited-term REAL ID driver's license or identification card to an individual who has temporary lawful status in the United States.
(a) States must require, before issuing a temporary or limited-term driver's license or identification card to a person, valid documentary evidence, verifiable through SAVE or other DHS-approved means, that the person has lawful status in the United States.
(b) States shall not issue a temporary or limited-term driver's license or identification card pursuant to this section:
(1) For a time period longer than the expiration of the applicant's authorized stay in the United States, or, if there is no expiration date, for a period longer than one year; and
....(Omitted)
Source: uscis.gov/ilink/docView/6CFR/HTML/6CFR/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-4972/0-0-0-5318.html