• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

does the evidence of support has been canceled?

ahmedalishrif

Registered Users (C)
first of all I'm from Egypt and my interview middle of november, I have not receive the second package yet thats why I decided to go to the US embassy to ask about the evidence of support and the I-134 form to handle this issue before the interview date .. as you know they do not grant any one to enter so I asked the officer outside and he told me the term has been canceled.....actually I doubt in what he said so please if any body has more information about this please reply ASAP

hi,
they said that we are not need for sponcer
as they stoped that sponsoor now
but any way for my self i will make this sponsoor document ready as i dont like to kose my DV lottery
but any way I think that they canceled it and all my friends who got the lottery said that also and a friend of mine will go for his interview within 10 days then i will ask him to confirm that ,also he will go to the interview without that spoonser letter as he is very sure that he dose not need it
10 days then i will confirm to you .
I want to ask about the military record , why they need it in they embassy and why in egypt only , as my military record will take time to be issued and i may attend the interview without it , but i stell have travel permition as i am a landed immigrant to canada also i am in canada now and i have no chanc to come back to egypt befor the interview to have that military record issued
please i need yr advice and any information y have about military record and how important it is in that interview , also why they need it in the interview and why it is only in egypt not with any other country , is that military record to show that we can travel permition or to show our status of the army
thank y all

ahmedalishrif said:
first of all I'm from Egypt and my interview middle of november, I have not receive the second package yet thats why I decided to go to the US embassy to ask about the evidence of support and the I-134 form to handle this issue before the interview date .. as you know they do not grant any one to enter so I asked the officer outside and he told me the term has been canceled.....actually I doubt in what he said so please if any body has more information about this please reply ASAP

Evidence of support were never been a explicit pre-conditions of DV category visa. However, some Embassy (consular officer) may ask for it if they think you might become a "public charge" in the US and they have the right to ask for it (or anything) because, technically and explicitly, all the immigrant visa rules are applicable to DV as well (no waiver for DV). From that point of view, many believe that some sorts of Evidence of Support have the potential to influence the decision of the consular officer to result a overall positive decision. And the 2nd package even mention that consular officer might ask for it. It also mentions that consular decision will be based on Evidence of Support and Police Report. But some Embassies (including Cairo - as reported in various forums) even do not ask for it (never).

Last May I asked US Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, whether they need it and what amount they expect. They confirmed through email reply that "evidence of support is not required for DV category visa". Yesterday (10 Oct), I received visas (DV2007, AS 000009**) for us- myself (principal applicant), my wife and our two children :) . I brought along a good amount of evidence of supports (in case they change their tongue.....and not to take any chance) and mentioned to the officer about it when submitting my papers. He even did not have a look of it. We were granted visas. I hope this helps.

Thank you everybody on this forum. You all (I mean all the foolish questions as well as intelligent ones) contributed tremendously to my understanding of the DV issues much deeper than what I learned through the official DV papers and instructions. This helped me face the challenge with lots of confidence.

-Dreamer

Last edited by a moderator: