Does the background check mean that the AO is going to approve your case?

saltywater

Registered Users (C)
My wife and me got the interview on Apr 8. At the very end of the interview, AO told me " You 'd better get your fingerprint done asap, for your background check would take long time due to the too many countrys you visited" I did not realized what it implies until I read through the section II.N AO PREPARES A DECISION in the Asylum Procedure Manual.

For Referral to IJ, the manual does not require to complete the background check and both W-file and T-file. but for Approval, you need the results of all required identity and security checks for the principal applicant and all dependent family members are current and complete.

So, Does it mean that the AO was going to approve my case if she said like that listed above? I am not quite sure about that.

Thanks to any comments.

Anybody who has the same experience that your AO mentioned your background check at the end of your interview,and has gotten the decision later, is willing to share it ?

Today, I got final approval as I estimated before. So it is proved to be true that BACKGROUND CHECK MEANS APPROVAL at most time. Wish giving more hope to anybody suffering endless waiting.