• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

does the Age Disqualify In DV lottery ?

rockstarw

Registered Users (C)
Is there a specific Age to apply for the DV lottery, and being young does that disqualify me from the lottery ? I'm 20 years old and planning to play the next DV my country is eligible and I'm almost done with my University, I also have friends in US who are citizens that can be my sponsors .... so has anyone before won with that age ? Enlighten me please , God bless you all

While there is NO minimum age to enter the DV lottery, an applicant must meet the education and/or job training requirements. In most cases, this will mean most applicants will over 18. So in your sitaution you are well-qualified to apply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I am from Mauritius.

I am not mauritian, however i am married to a mauritian.

me and my wife are planning to apply for DV lottery 2011, i would like to know , how many Mauritians approximately apply for USA DV lottery each year, and how many of them get lucky :)

this is 2009 results
20v0keu.jpg

this is 2010 results
akg0li.jpg

hello friends i just read and information that is getting me disturb w my selection for DV2015.i completed high school at 17years and 2 months and entered the lottery when i was 20.5years and will be interviewing when i will be 22years.so my problem is that i completed high school at an early age of 17years and the instructions says applicants below 18years are not qualified.i need some clarification and do u guys know of any body who had a successful interview who completed high school at the she of 17?please help me out

The instructions do NOT state that under 18s will be disqualified. They state that due to the high school requirement it would be unusual to have applicants under the age of 18. If it's any consolation, I finished high school at 17 1/2 years of age and that wasn't a problem.

hello friends i just read and information that is getting me disturb w my selection for DV2015.i completed high school at 17years and 2 months and entered the lottery when i was 20.5years and will be interviewing when i will be 22years.so my problem is that i completed high school at an early age of 17years and the instructions says applicants below 18years are not qualified.i need some clarification and do u guys know of any body who had a successful interview who completed high school at the she of 17?please help me out

For sheez!!

This is how wrong information gets spread around as the truth. You've read about a case unrelated to yours, added 2 and 2 and came up with a spurious 4! And now you're asking the same question all over the forum even when attempts have been made to clarify things for you and put your mind at rest regarding your case.

The instructions clearly DOES NOT say anyone under 18 will be disqualified, the discussion you read about clearly wasn't just about that either, there were additional underlaying factors in being discussed too. Oh my goodness!

@Sm1smom sorry going ova this issue,i was just worried and wanted some clarification,u and other members have done just that and i appreciate.i can now have some sleep and stop thinking.

I was 18 when I applied , 19 when I won, 20 when I entred USA, been here for 5 months . So age is not an issue at all.