Does any one know of the new law regarding stamping of perm residence on passport

MaryT

Registered Users (C)
Today had gone to INS office to get the perm residence stamped on passport.
The lady at the counter said that there has been a ban on stamping perm resident status on Passport.

Does anyone know about this new law.?She said one will have to look out in papers for any new changes .and use Advance parole visa to get out of the country for emergencies.
And wait for the green card to come in mail. THere is no termporary permanent resident status as of now.Is it true. Does anyone know of the details and a web site where one can see the new laws that seems to be popping up
THanks,
Mary

Today had gone to INS office to get the perm residence stamped on passport.
The lady at the counter said that there has been a ban on stamping perm resident status on Passport.

Does anyone know about this new law.?She said one will have to look out in papers for any new changes .and use Advance parole visa to get out of the country for emergencies.
And wait for the green card to come in mail. THere is no termporary permanent resident status as of now.Is it true. Does anyone know of the details and a web site where one can see the new laws that seems to be popping up
THanks,
Mary

Does any one know of the new law regarding stamping of perm resident in passport

Hi,
They took the finger print , the ins photos and the permanent approval letter .
This was the message given to the whole lot of people in the line waiting for the "temporary" proof of PR.
The lady at the counter was not sure of when I should go next time.She said wait for the GC in mail.
I asked her specifically how I could track this current situation.
She was not sure.
Can they give crap to the whole lot of people waiting in line.
Thanks,
Mary

Talk about moving target

MaryT,

I\'ve been thru similar experience in Newark,NJ INS office. When i went there on wednesday to get the perm. resident stamp on passport, i and others were told that there is new policy has been introduced to run a background check on all the approved applicants. The IIO also indicated that the process may take up to 6months prior to mailing a GC.

Sure enough,no one in the local office had any ideas to address some of the pressing issues and raised oncerns about soon to expire cuurent H1 or EAD/AP status... They conviniently pointed us back to lawyer and here we go again..back to square one of waiting and never ending game..

One thing i\'m pissed off about is why in the world some one run the check agaianst "Approved" applicants, this only brings up one more example of INS screwups to delayed process..

You are lucky in this waiting game

Hi,
Mine is New York city INS office.This Whole thing is as unstandardized as it can get with zillion rules and zillion people managing it and every one only wanting to save their ass.
Unfortunately the immigranting community do not have a voice in the Govt.
Mary

Afraid of mess up

One can not demand and raise a hell as one does not want to invoke any malicious tendencies .Any mess of the legal papers means only more of waiting period .

What is INS doing for months

As it is INS spends months together to get your applications processed and approved why cant they add a couple of more weeks to do the Inter Agency computer check BEFORE calling you for passport stamping.

Passport stamp

Hey Joef, from the your words it look that "...as soon as anyone have got approval letter might not need even passport stamp, the plastic GC will be mailed to you???". My approval letter says that "you Should receive your GC by mail in about 6 months.You MAY stamp your valid passport" . My passport expired and it will take 2-3 month to replace with the newone in local Consulate and I just decided to stamp my new passport on next week... and now the new lock ??? Is it mean another hopeless long waiting time or I\'m Perm Res??? Any thoughts..
Thanks,Nick

what are you talking about? Do you have any idea of how INS functions in their own bubble !!!!

Went to NYC INS for stamping .Following info

I went down again to INS office.Stood in line. They are not stamping for new people too!. Went for information in the info centre.got token.
wrote in an application for enquiry.On finally reaching the line , got the same person who had earlier taken my finger print ,letter,photos .
I told her this stamping business is not consistent.They still do not know that it is being stamped all over the country other than some specific state. She :-"Mam , Have got orders from Washington"
Me:-"Hey , it is not consistent".
She looking at another person in uniform
She:- she says they are stamping elsewhere.
he:-The current order from washington is no stamping. Will stamp on further notice.
She:- he is my supervisor. If he says no stamping. No stamping.
Me:- How do I track .What should I do next
She:-Wait for the letter. We will send you a letter.
--------------
She did not take the enquiry application form I had written.
--------
Went down to the line where the passport stamping takes place.
At the counter.
Me:-What should I do for emergencies to get out of the country.
She:-If you get a death certificate and have to go to the country where you belong , you will get the stamp.They have got new computers ,12 of them. So will take time to train and process.
----------
I thought it is better to wait for the so called letter that will come in post for people who have been rejected
and for new people in NY , I think it is better to wait till they start stamping like in Newark . But go if time is about to expire.

Passport stamp denial

I\'m going to INS Newark on Thursday for the same purpose, so I\'ll
appreciate your help w/ the following:

1. Did you first go through an interview and after that they denied
to stamp the passport? We\'ve been asked to appear for the interview and were hoping that our passports will be stamped then and there.
Do you think it\'ll be any different for us ?

2. Is the ban applicable for all types of 485 applications ie. family
based, employment based ?

Thanks.

NYC INS stamping Federal plaza building

MaryT,
INS at NYC is stamping passports now. The only reason they did not do it briefly in May was because they did not have enough resources to work on the backlog of cases with them. What they should have told you was to come back again in 2 wks time. Sure enough they are stamping now.