Documents needed for Naturalization

Query - N400 Address

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the mailing address in the N400 form..

I am applying for citizenship soon and I see on the N400 form there are 2 addresses.. 1. your present address 2. the mailing address

My lease for my apartment ends in June and they are not willing to extent it.. Which means I would need to update or change my address in June..( i beleive this may delay the process again).

Can i give my friends address as the mailing address and put him as care of.. He is not planning to move for another year or so... Any issues or drawbacks on it? Anyone has any experience ? please advice..

Thanks ..

UC

Hi All,

I am applying for citizenship soon and I see on the N400 form there are 2 addresses.. 1. your present address 2. the mailing address

My lease for my apartment ends in June and they are not willing to extent it.. Which means I would need to update or change my address in June..( i beleive this may delay the process again).

Can i give my friends address as the mailing address and put him as care of.. He is not planning to move for another year or so... Any issues or drawbacks on it? Anyone has any experience ? please advice..

Thanks ..

UC

You can use your friend's address or open up a mailbox from post office. My friend did her citizenship with mailbox address as mailing address. I am in the final stage of citizenship process and I am using mailbox address as well. You won't have any issue if you choose either way.

Should be ok

I am using my friend's residence as the mailing address as I am not sure how long I will stay in this apartment, I attended my interview today and there was no issue with using a different mailing address.

Hi All,

Thanks ..

UC

Tax transcripts

Hi,

Are federal tax return transcripts enough or do we need to take the state tax transcripts also? How do we go about getting CA state tax transcripts?

thanks.

interview question

can sombody help me where can i find the citizenship (New) interview questions.

thanks

GC expired before the Interview notice

I sent the N-400 in November 2006, got fingerprinted in January 2007, now waiting for the Interview notice. My 10-year Green Card just expired on April 1st. I asked the CIS officer while being fingerprinted if this would be a problem when the interview happens after expiration of the GC and he said that my permanent residence status never expires, just the GC is not valid anymore, and it's not a problem for the interview
IS THIS TRUE?
should I rather file for replacement of the GC regardless that my interview will happen before the I-90 form can even be processed (it now looks like about 3 months longer waiting for I-90 then for N-400, and I'm about 4.5 months already in processing)
can anyone advise me what to do?
thanks

hi

anyone know whats main stuff we should bring to interview beside GC,ID,and taxes.

they sent a list of stuff with my IL but i dont see why they need all this stuff and i already have mailed it with my N400 application shouldnt they have all this info already .
if anyone has a helpful list of what i should bring that would be greatly appreciated.

That is called in simple English - "Please put the food in my mouth" (I can see th food on the table, but .. so please put in my mouth:)

Another intepretation is "The list received from USCIS is long, so can anyone please help to read it and then post a shorter list of "must take" items.".

Tell me you are a person in disguise. Otherwise it just doesn't make any sense that you were able to find this thread to post your question but then still asking something which this whole thread is dedicated to. I mean, what made you to post your question on this thread if you had to ask something which is answered all over on this thread?? No fool here.

And if you are not a person in disguise then can't you read/search thing first before asking your question??

Tax extension

I filed an extension for both federal and state tax returns for 2006, and paid the estimated tax due (more than that actually). I'm thinking of asking IRS and state to send me confirmation that they received my extension once they do. Anyone with experience with tax extensions? Do you think I need any other docs related to this?

thanks!

I have a question for you immigration gurus. I was on F-1 visa till I was 26 years and 6 months old. I got my green card when I was close to 28 years old. I don't think I was required to register with Selective Service. Can you guys confirm if I need to get a letter from Selective service. I think I don't but you guys know better then I do:)

Thanks

I have a question for you immigration gurus. I was on F-1 visa till I was 26 years and 6 months old. I got my green card when I was close to 28 years old. I don't think I was required to register with Selective Service. Can you guys confirm if I need to get a letter from Selective service. I think I don't but you guys know better then I do:)

Thanks

nope

your good to go

I also have a question for you immigration gurus. When I first came to the US on H1-B visa, I was 25 years 11months. It was just 3 weeks short before I turned to 26. I got my green card when I was 30 years old. Do I need to get a letter from Selective service? Would anyone give me some valuable advice? Many thanks

Documents used in connection with entries into the US

Hi,

My interview letter asks for the following docs.
* Passport and / or any other documents you used in connection with any entries into the US
* All passports and travel documents issued to you by any government

I travelled on F-1 and H1B before obtaining my green card. I have the Visa stamps for those in my passport. I also have visa stamps to foreign countries I have visited. Will these be sufficient or will I be expected to produce I-20 (over 15 years old) H1-B petition etc? I do not have those documents.

thanks!

Response to youtr question

Hi,

My interview letter asks for the following docs.
* Passport and / or any other documents you used in connection with any entries into the US
* All passports and travel documents issued to you by any government

I travelled on F-1 and H1B before obtaining my green card. I have the Visa stamps for those in my passport. I also have visa stamps to foreign countries I have visited. Will these be sufficient or will I be expected to produce I-20 (over 15 years old) H1-B petition etc? I do not have those documents.

thanks!

Hi,
It is a must that you take the documents as requested on your interview letter. You need worry about your I-20's or other immigration related papers as USCIS as the entire history about you under your A#. Hope this helps.

Hi,
It is a must that you take the documents as requested on your interview letter. You need worry about your I-20's or other immigration related papers as USCIS as the entire history about you under your A#. Hope this helps.

Hi Gopalmn,

I'm sorry - I did not understand you completely. Are you saying I need to worry about I-20 etc.?

The interview letter doesn't request for I-20 etc. specifically but says all documents used in connection to entry into the US. I really hope that the F-1, H1-B visa stamps in the passport will suffice.

thanks!

Stamp on tax transcripts

Hi all,

An old thread on this forum says the IRS tax transcripts have to be stamped. Is it true? Is it not enough to get the transcripts from IRS? Should we also get them stamped?

thanks!

IRS giving only 3 years of tax transcripts?

How can we produce 5 years Tax transcripts.
IRS is giving only 3 years Tax transcripts?

Hi,

Has anyone been asked for I-20, H1-B (not visa but H1-B papers) and other papers related to travel by the interview officer? If so, what was asked of you?

How about a copy of I-140 filing copy? I don't think these are necessary but just want to know your experience.

thanks!