DOB mismatch in I-797B

varadaram72

My cousin received I-797B from the consultant, we noticed that DOB in I-797Bis incorrect with the original DOB

I believe this happened because in the front page of her passport it is mentioned as wrong DOB which later passport officer corrected to the right one. The entry of correct DOB is in the very first leaf inside passport.

Please let me know your suggestions to proceed further. Will there be a problem if she goes for stamping to consulate?

It's happened to me also, last time my consultant did the same mistake. They entered wrong D.O.B and wrong name(typed y instead of i). I saw when I got the approval notice and asked him to do some action to correct it. He was telling some stories like, when you are going for stamping, 'you fill some form and show it in the consulate...', but when I enquired with my friend's company's lawyer, he suggested to send an ammendment letter to the INS for name correction. Then they send an ammendment letter to INS and gave me the tracking number, when I keep on forced them to do... Finally, when I went for stamping, the officer asked me about this issue... I told him that my company send an ammendment letter, but still waiting for response and shown him the Tracking number. Then he accepted and gave me the visa.
So, I suggest you to ask your employer/consultant to send the ammendment letter, as it is a must otherwise you'll be in soup :mad:

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem today, Please share your experience with me guys...
I received my H1B petition with wrong DOB on my I797B however my employer requested USCIS for the correction & USCIS told us to expect a reply by the end of this month.
You seem to have some experience/knowledge of this matter. Does USCIS replies on time or it will take forever?

Please advise the way forward.

Thanks,
GS