Do you write on the back of the photo with a pen or pencil!?

CrossHairs

Registered Users (C)
The instruction says "Write lightly with a pencil on the back of the photo" for filing N-400.

But you can hardly write anything with a pencil - since the photo paper is a bit glossy to write with a pencil!!! (took photos at Costco).

Do you folks write (or wrote) with a pen?

Use well sharperned number two pencil and you can press lightly on the photo. There is no way to avoid the indentations and this is ok.

Don't use pen. I also had a hard time with the photos but I pressed slightly hard enough to write my name and A#. See the imprints of this on the other side is unavoidable.

Jedi,
I remember during LPR - we had to do something similar. I think (if I remember correctly), I had used a pen then. There were no issues.

Do you hear issues if people use pen? I think the idea is to not write with smudgy ink, and the basic idea is to know who (name and A#) the photo belongs to incase it gets separated from the Application.

Is this so strict that we cannot use pen?

With pencil - the INS suggestion of "lightly with pencil" is anyways not possible since "lightly" wont work.

Don't listen to me too much. I still undergoing this process so when I say something its because I followed the instruction on the N-400 form to the letter. I hope that there are other experiences here as I'm sure there are.

Don't listen to me too much. I still undergoing this process so when I say something its because I followed the instruction on the N-400 form to the letter. I hope that there are other experiences here as I'm sure there are.

No probs...we are all in the same boat :)

It is always good to talk amongst ourselves and discuss each others opinions and experiences :)

used pencils only. it was clear and legible.

as Jedi says, since they say pencil i used pencils.

They do stupid things like that to annoy people I think. I used one of those mechanical plastic pencils that you drop lead in the top. Those seemed to write better and harder then the regular pencils. I still had to write over a few times to get it looking somewhat decent...

any recent experience in writing by pencil.
I am nole able to write by pencil. It is not readable and if I press the pencil to hard, I can see marks on the front oft he photos.

any recent experience in writing by pencil.
I am nole able to write by pencil. It is not readable and if I press the pencil to hard, I can see marks on the front oft he photos.

Does not matter. Just send photos. I did not even sent photos or they were lost by USCIS. the yellow letter
told me to bring photos and at interview, the IO against asked for them

The instruction says "Write lightly with a pencil on the back of the photo" for filing N-400.

But you can hardly write anything with a pencil - since the photo paper is a bit glossy to write with a pencil!!! (took photos at Costco).

Do you folks write (or wrote) with a pen?

I just did it. Use 4B pencil and you will be able to write perfect!