Do I need to go for H4 stamping?

khush123

Hello,

I completed my H-4 stamping on last August 2014 and entered USA in same month. My H-4 visa is valid till Oct 2016. However I received my H-1 797 after I came back and was automatically moved to H1 status on 1st Oct 2014. I am currently in india and was planning to move back to H-4 status.

- Do i need to go for H-4 visa stamping as I already have a valid H4 visa in my passport ? I visited the consulate and they said I don't need any stamping but you can consult your lawyers again. Will i have any issues reentering USA on this visa ?

- Will I get a new I-94 number on reentry as I already submitted the I-94 on H1 797 when leaving america.

Please advice. Thanks for your time

- You should be able to travel to US on your H4 visa as long as it is valid and your husband is in a valid H1 status. However, you cannot work if you do so. When you plan to start working again, your employer has to file a COS to H1.

- Not sure if you will get a new one. The I-94 information has been moved online for a while now. You can check the information here -https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html

I am not an immigration lawyer. Just trying to help people based on my personal experience.