do i have to file application for i-131

naamo

I am green card holder since 2013, I came 3 times and stayed less than 6 months in usa as well as went outside usa and come back before 6 months each time.

when i came 4th time in usa officer told me at immigration that i have to apply for i-131 and stamp on my passport "" Accussed i-131 "", he asked me why i was outside usa for 5 months. i gave him the medical reason.

what is the meaning of the stamp. do i have to apply for i-131 application. do i have to file my income tax as there is nil income earned in usa since i am green card holder ( 2013 ). how can i establish my things to show them that i am interested in usa.

i have to go for my medical treatment out of usa.

please guide me for this so i don't get any problem in future.

Yes, apply for a permit to re-enter using the I-131. You must apply from inside the US, and give your fingerprints/photos.

You must also file taxes even if you do not earn money in the country. Foreign income must be declared, so file your taxes, especially since you are an LPR and have shaky ties with the country.

Do you plan on moving to the US permanently any time soon?

thanks for your reply,

I don't know clearly what is written on my admitted stamp. It looks like i-131 accused or i-131 axcused so i don't know what to do. Even officer was not telling anything clearly.

Yes, i am planning to go back for my medical treatment and i will back to USA before 6 months. So do i have to apply for I-131.

I can file tax return for 2013 and 2014 together showing my nil income. If i don't have any income outside USA than what should i declare.

Also i want to be settle in USA permanently in future when i complete all my pending things.

Thanks a lot for your guidance.

It probably says 'I131 advised'.

Ok, I thought you had income outside the US. If you can, go ahead and file just to have on record that you did not work abroad. Also, make sure to get extensive proof of your medical treatment for your citizenship interview.

How long do you intend to stay in the US this time? If you don't have time to get the re-entry permit, and you will only be gone for 6 months for the last time, then you can try to go without it. If this will continue for some more time, then you should apply for it.

Dear Cafeconleche,
Thank you very very much for your guidance and reply. I appreciate for giving me your precious time for this.

Yes ! i check it and get help from my friend. He told me that the stamp read like : " i-131 Advised " You are 100 % right.

According to your advise i will file my tax return. Is there anything in your mind that i have to do for showing my establishment and i can show that i am interested in future to settle in USA.

I am planning to travel after few weeks out of USA, so i don't think i can apply right now ( i-131 ) as it takes time for biometric to come and till that time i can't leave USA.

Also if you can explain me if i apply for my i-131 in future and i got it for 2 years expiry. Can i enter multiple time during that period ?

Thanks once again for your advise !

You can leave after you apply and return for the biometrics, if that helps. If not, you will have to visit the US very soon since you were given the 'advised' stamp. Once you have your permit, you can re-enter as many times as you like. THis permit shows your intent to return, but if you have other things like a house/car, bank accounts, driver's license, immediate family, etc., your ties would be considered stronger. So, carry proof of your medical treatment. That might also help if they trouble you about being out for so long.

If i am leaving usa and coming back before 6 months than is it okey if i don't apply for i-131.

In future , if i need to go back than i will plan to apply for it when i will be back to usa.

Also want to know that if i visit local USCIS office than can i file i-131 personally, it will be time saving for all process too.

Thanks a lot for your response.

Dear Cafeconleche,

I was waiting for your feedback and help for what i reply to your message. please guide me for the query i wrote in last message.

Thanks for your hep.
:)

I don't think you can apply at a CIS office. Maybe this has changed, but I don't know.

If you leave and come back without an RP even before six months, given your travel history, you will likely be hassled at the port of entry. They can see that you've spent very little time in the US. If you plan on continuing this, it is strongly advised to apply for it. Again, carry proof of your medical treatment, and be prepared to explain why you're not having it done in the US.

Dear Cafeconleche,

I am very much thankful for your all guidance. Appreciate for it. Thanks once again !