1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

Do I have Alien Registration Number ?

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by lizbaius, Jan 17, 2009.

1. lizbaius

lizbaius Registered Users (C)

I am married with US citizen, and preparing for the application of GC, in form I-864,G-325a asking about "Alien Registration Number", I dont know if I have one, if so where can I find it?

In form I-485, asking about "A# "from me and my husband, we dont know what kind of numbers they are?

In form G-325a, asking about "file number A" at the first line, do I have it?

In form I-765, asking about my "current immigration status", since my J1 status is expired, what should I fill with?

Thanks all in advance!
  2. jupiter07

jupiter07 Registered Users (C)

It's an alien #, you don't have it, so write none.
    Your status is J1.
  3. bestpal

bestpal Registered Users (C)

If your husband is a naturalized citizen. He should have an alien #. For yourself, since you are just begining to apply for GC, you don't have an alien # yet.
  4. l_0oio0_l

l_0oio0_l Registered Users (C)

I have same question. What would be my Alien #?

My status is F1. I had OPT EAD card that states A#. Would that be my Alien Number? Its a 9 digit number.

Thanks for your help!
  5. bestpal

bestpal Registered Users (C)

an Alien # is meant to be the A# on a GC only. If you have an A# on your EAD, it doesn't mean you have an A#, but if you were able to obtain a GC, then your A# will be the same as it was shown on your EAD. Correct me if I am wrong.
  6. mrs_s

mrs_s Registered Users (C)

The A# on an OPT EAD card is no longer valid for AOS. USCIS will give you a new A# as part of AOS. The A# on your AOS EAD card will also be on your green card.
  7. jupiter07

jupiter07 Registered Users (C)

Your F1 EAD A# is not the same as your GC A#. I thought so too and made my applications with my F1 EAD A#. And I have two EADs based on F1, they had the same A#, so i was 100% confident that was my A#. When my NOAs came, ooops! I have a new A# based on my GC.
  8. Ahad

Ahad Registered Users (C)

Hello everyone. I am quoting this message because I am looking for any kind of reassurance or confirmation for it.

I visited a local USCIS office through infopass appointment last week and asked her regarding A#. (my wife has expired employment authorization card).

The USCIS staff asked to show her the A# on it and said we should write "None" wherever asked for A# for her.
    What do you think about this?
  9. dhlunar

dhlunar Registered Users (C)

No wonder my wife had a new A# on her I485 NOA. We put down her OPT EAD A# on all of the GC applications. We then called USCIS and explained there was two numbers and they put in a service request. What I don't understand is that they issue two numbers, because an A# should go to a person, and I suspect they would want to see that persons US history even if the previous benefit was unrelated. I feel it is like a SSN, you only have one for your entire life.