divorce after citizenship

raja.ny01

i got citizenship through marriage after month and half ago. my relationship with my spouse is not going well. i am going to apply for uncontested divorce. My spouse agrees to divorce and has signed the paperwork. But the reason for divorce that is in paperwork says The Relationship between the couple has been broken irretrievably for more than six months. I told the lawyer that i got citizenship based on marriage about a month ago, will this pose any problems in case i later marry someone and apply for her green card. He said the above line doesn't mean that you were not with her for past 6 months, it just means that things were not going well between you and your spouse for past 6 months although you were married and living with her. Is it ok for me to file the divorce paperwork or should i wait 6 months to file for divorce.

That we could not give you advice.
But I can tell you about my friend's story. My friend is married to a person from a different country; after she got the 10-year card, she left him right away and took half of his house. Now he is married to an international student here, and she has been waiting for 2 years for the interview; none yet.

i got citizenship through marriage after month and half ago. my relationship with my spouse is not going well. i am going to apply for uncontested divorce. My spouse agrees to divorce and has signed the paperwork. But the reason for divorce that is in paperwork says The Relationship between the couple has been broken irretrievably for more than six months. I told the lawyer that i got citizenship based on marriage about a month ago, will this pose any problems in case i later marry someone and apply for her green card. He said the above line doesn't mean that you were not with her for past 6 months, it just means that things were not going well between you and your spouse for past 6 months although you were married and living with her. Is it ok for me to file the divorce paperwork or should i wait 6 months to file for divorce.
If you already have citizenship on hand, I don't think there should be any issue unless any fraud involve..

If the divorce filing requires a statement that the relationship has been "broken irretrievably" for the past 6 months, and you file for divorce now, that would be contradicting the representations you recently made to USCIS for the citizenship process. If you told the USCIS interviewer your marriage is "broken irretrievably", you wouldn't have been approved.

In a practical sense, it probably doesn't matter, since USCIS and the divorce courts don't routinely talk to each other and don't really understand each other. But in the unlikely event that you get into a legal situation where somebody digs into your divorce records and immigration history, the contradiction could be used against you.