Diversity visa aproved!

Fisnik Gradina

Diversity visa is aproved i got a green card now and living in us but the thing is im 19 and i want to take my mother in us when can i do it?

Diversity visa is aproved i got a green card now and living in us but the thing is im 19 and i want to take my mother in us when can i do it?

Hi Fisnik,

Please read the statement below and you can also find more information on the USCIS website link. https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gr...-card-family-member-permanent-resident#inside

To promote family unity, immigration law allows permanent residents of the United States (green card holders) to petition for certain eligible relatives to come and live permanently in the United States. A permanent resident may petition for his/her spouse and unmarried child(ren) of any age to immigrate to the United States. Congress has limited the number of relatives who may immigrate under these categories each year so there is generally a waiting period before an immigrant visa number becomes available. If your family relationship qualifies you as an eligible relative of a U.S. permanent resident, then you are in what is called a “family preference category.”

The short and direct response to your question is after you become a USC, which at a minimum is 5-6 years' time assuming you continue to maintain your physical presence in the US and do not break continuous residency.

The short and direct response to your question is after you become a USC, which at a minimum is 5-6 years' time assuming you continue to maintain your physical presence in the US and do not break continuous residency.
Thank you, i thought that im underage i can take my parent to live in us and doesn't take to long.

Thank you, i thought that im underage i can take my parent to live in us and doesn't take to long.

1. 19 is not considered underage in the US.

2. An underage person, as a matter of fact, is not eligible to sponsor a parent.

3. No special consideration is given to your age.

Is it possible to get a lawyer and write a rreferal to make that happen faster.

There are laws in place to guide the immigration process. There's absolutely nothing a lawyer can do to hasten the process of filing for your parent outside of you being a USC.