Disabled Asylum

remohy1

Hi,

I am in the united states since last August. I have learned here how to be independent in my live because of the accessibility that is provided for handicapped. I like to apply for asylum in the united states because life is very difficult in Egypt. At least there are no any accessible restrooms anywhere. There is no any accessibility in transportation or at anything.

I like to study computer science and the law in Egypt prevent any disabled to study but Law, business or literature. Also I have been discriminated at getting a job because there is no such a law that punish any type of discrimination for disabled. I am not seeking political asylum but I am seeking asylum under the social groups which could be provided if I am discriminated in my country.

I want to know if I can apply for asylum in the united states or not?

Thanks.

Only If your life is on risk on your country because of your sex orientation, Political or Religious point of view, you qualify for Political Asylum, Unfortunately you can't apply for asylum based on the poor quality of life on your country.

Remohy1,

If you decide to move forward with your asylum claim, I recommend you do it before August and hire a good inmigration attorney, I just found you have a chance to get political asylum based on your situation:

"The Washington Lawyers’ Committee’s Immigrant and Refugee Rights (IRR) Project, established in 1978, seeks to enforce the rights of immigrants who are victims of discrimination based on race, gender, national origin, disability, age religion, sexual orientation, and other bases prohibited under federal and local laws. In its long history the IRR Project has advocated on behalf of hundreds of immigrants who were victims of discrimination in housing and employment matters or who were denied access to government services."

Google this: "Immigrant and Refugee Rights Project Washington"

Guys, I won it. After over 4 years of waiting, I am officially an assylee. Long long story of fighting, but I was not even referred to a judge, but I got the approval from the asylum office. No political, religion or sex based asylum. Only what is based on the above statement (Social Group). The is the equal opportunity of the US. I am happy with my new home.

Reactions: CWH
Hey asylum seeker,
I also recently got a second fingerprint notice. I was wondering if you have gone for ur second interview. If so how was it? And what do they ask of you.
Thanks
Ouz

Guys, I won it. After over 4 years of waiting, I am officially an assylee. Long long story of fighting, but I was not even referred to a judge, but I got the approval from the asylum office. No political, religion or sex based asylum. Only what is based on the above statement (Social Group). The is the equal opportunity of the US. I am happy with my new home.

Hello! My situation looks the same as yours 4 years ago... I don't know what to start with and not sure about how strong my reason for asylum is. Could I ask you some questions?

I really need a help,
I have applied for an asylum 2013 and my case been pending since February 2013, I have got a notice for a fingerprint before I been scheduled for my interview and as soon as I appears for my interview by April 2013 I have been told that my interview been canceled because of shortage of officer and they will reschedule me another interview, since that time I haven't hear nothing from the USCIC and I did mail them twice a letter for updating and all respond was about to be patient and wait, and now I'm may 2015 I have got a second notice for a fingerprint appointment, I haven't seen my wife and my son since 2013 and she cannot visit USA until I have a granted sylum, would you help me and tell me does the second finger print means I will have an interview soon? And also I have seen cases been waited for 2 years after they have done the interview for a decision, is that mean the interview won't be the end of this patience, since I have been patiently eaiting for almost 3 years without seeming my kid and my wife
Help please !
Regards