Dilemma, want to keep a green card for my elderly mom

brandong

Ok here goes, I applied for my mommy's green card for grueling 1 years process without lawyer, myself preparing paperwork and fees and about 5 years ago, she finally got a green card and admitted to USA. That was happy time. However she has no interest in living in USA as she is very old and unable to work because of medical condition with her leg and does not have a lot of acquaintance here. Whenever she is here, i go to work in the morning and comes back in the evening. Pretty much everyone else does. She and me are the only person from my family living in USA. Time during which I am at work must be extremely difficult for her as she is alone. Just thinking about that makes me cringe. I hate this situation. She never complains about it but I know she is suffering and she is just doing to keep me not worry.
So better situation is she living in her home country with my families and relative and I like her to visit her every once a while but she just cant live in USA as her primary residence. So she left USA at least twice in the past and came back within 6 months which is no problem and now 3rd time she also left and has not returned back to U.S.A yet. This time she is already more than a year away from U.S. I think it is around 13-14months since she has left. I wanna bring her, I miss her and reconnect and also try to get some medical insurance and treatment about her condition but she is not very interested. I also worry whether immigration will let her in. I wonder if they can consider her elderness and medical condition as an excuse the entry. I live in San Francisco so if she comes in it will most likely be through port of San Francisco.
I researched and found that SB-1 re-entry permit visa from Consulate where she is currently at is the most appropriate step. Am I right?
If she loses her green card, then she will have to get a new green card process entirely from beginning which is nightmore. Another option is simply get a tourist visa. What would be your advise on this matter?
Thanks!

At this point, the best choice would be to surrender her green card at a consulate with form I-407 and apply for a tourist visa. It's easy to get a tourist visa after voluntarily and officially surrendering the green card, and the the tourist visa interview can usually be done in the same visit to the consulate when surrendering the green card.