Did Anyone receieve letter from NEWARK for PP Stamping ? May-15th Victim

No Title

Sher,

I did a search on your username and founfd the original discussion thread. I recently heard my approval on the AVM. I have seen some cases like Jai Surya that they got the stamp on thesame day. Does this mean they have resumed the PP stamping on same day again? Were the only victims those that went in on May 15th?

My I485 took two years to get approved. Two EADs and FP was taken twice, because original FP expired. Was about to renew EAD for third time when I heard the approval message on AVM. Now I hear your sad story. Will this horror never end?

Finally passport stamped today on June 5, (May 15 victim),

Finally passport stamped today on June 5, (May 15 victim),
 1. We came to Newark office around 7 AM
    There were about 10-15 people with appointments.
 2. Around 8 AM we went in and were sent to the room 200.
 3. Officer asked us why we came in, the answer was that we are going to travel (truth)
 4. She went to ask her manager, in 5 minutes she returned back and gave tickets to room 1022.
 5. The room 1022 was almost empty, when we were called by officer that did not ask any questions, but she went to ask her manager too, returned in 10 minutes and told us that they do not have a list for such people like us but manager agreed to stamp, so she stamp immediately, she took I-94, EAD and copy of approval.
 6. We were all set at 8:40 AM.

Thanks guys!
Good luck!
Sher

Do not worry Q you should be stamped same day, the dalay was just for people who went to INS from Ma

Do not worry Q you should be stamped same day, the dalay was just for people who went to INS from May 14-22

Finally got the STAMP on 6/5

I can not believe such a simple step of getting GC stamped caused so much grief to May 15th people.

So here is the run down for the people who are still waiting for the CALL/LETTER from Newark.

1. We reached Newark office around 9 AM. There was no queue at the entrance for appointments.

2. we went in and were sent to the room 200.

3. Officer asked "Did somebody called you or you got a letter" and I said no and immediately she refused to take the application. I started arguing and immediately nice lady from the next counter who over heard the commotion interjected and said don\'t turn back people from May 15th. Close call huh. So I got the token to go upstairs Rm 1022. she also gave me the form to fill which is exactly the form you fill for background check.

4. The room 1022 was almost half full. we were called by officer in about 45 mins who did not ask any questions, took the approval notice, paper from 15th May visit and the form for background check and asked us to wait till they do the background check.

5. We waited and waited and waited while people were being called in random order. Finally at 1:30 our name was called and stamping took 2 min.

So I guess going at 9 was not such a good idea. I think all of 15 May people can try.

Now waiting for plastic starts. Hope that didn\'t get messed up like this one.

Good luck.

Finally got it stamped at 3rd attempt on 06/05/2002 at Newark

I was the silent viewer of this site. My I485 details are as follows.
MD-07/05/2001
RD-07/06/2001
ND-08/22/2001
EAD received on 09/05/2001
Advance Parole received on 09/05/2001
FP Notice received in last week of November
FP done on 12/21/2001
FP received by INS on 12/28/2001( FP Computerized )
FP approved by INS on 01/17/2002
Spouse FP directly approved on 01/21/2002 ( FP Manual )
Called INS for status check on I485 may be 6 times.
Called INS on 1st of May 2002, and was told by IIO that it would take another 90 days.
Checked AVM on 2nd may 6:00 PM EST, heard words as CASE APPROVED ON 1ST MAY 2002.
Received Approval notice by INS on 05/08/2002 and spouse approval notice on 05/09/2002.
Did not know at that time as you can go to INS on any day.
Went for stamping to INS-Newark on 05/15/2002 but couldn’t get stamped.
Went again on 05/24/2002 by was turned off.
Went again today at 8:15 AM.
Was sent to room no. 200, where I said I am here the 2nd time.
So they gave me the token .no directly and asked me to go to 10th floor and show security check slip, which was given on 05/15/2002
Gave approval notice and EAD cards to IIO, she asked did we receive any call from INS, we said NO. She asked we should not have come today.
We were the last to go out of the Office after getting stamped as she misplaced our notices.
and I noticed that all may 15th folks who came for stamping today left only after 2:00 PM though they came in at 8:00 AM.
Preference was given to first time comers.
It would be good to go on any other day than Wednesday even though other days are for all cases ( EAD/I485/AP etc ).
At last I asked her do we need to I89 again, but she said those are already dispatched to INS Vermont.
By the way there is only one Machine to do back ground check and it takes 12-15 minutes.
And for the people who received either phone call or letter, passports are being stamped at room no 200.
Hope this info helps others.
I will stil be visiting this site till i get actual card.
Thanks to all you folks for this useful messages