Did anyone in final stages of I485 land and come back?

rajeshpri

Registered Users (C)
Did anyone who had AP and EAD (and I485 receipt) land in canada and return to USA without problems? I have my canadian landing papers valid till March 2002. My I485 was sent out a month ago, which means I should have my AP and EAD before March 2002. I am thinking of landing in canada in March 2002 and returning to USA within a week. Ofcoz, canadian option is just for safety. My question is : have people faced problems at the US immigration on the way back because of taking permanant residence in canada and having US GC processing going on in parallel?

No Title

I am in the same boat and planning to go to Toronto in the mid of Sept. If someone has experence please respond. I\'ll post my experience when i\'ll come back.

I am in the same boat....

If we could shere our email addresses..we could advise each other of our experiences.

I have landed in CA, returning today: I\'ll let you know

I have AP and I-485 pending. I landed 5 days ago.

My flight back to the US is tonight using AP and EAD..

I will let you know tomorrow.

I already have GC approval and I have Canada Landing papers

I am planning to go to Canada by the end of October...
Please share your experiences.

Thanks

No Problems

When I came back with AP, I was taken to a waiting room. I was asked 2 questions:

How long have you lived in the US?
What is the nam eof the employer?

After a 30-minute wait my AP and Passport were stamped with a stamp saying Paroled Indefinitely. I guess this means I do not have to wait next time I come back.

Regarding the CA immigration, I was asked if you are studying for your Phd in the US why did I apply for immigration without waiting until graduation. My real reason is like yours, just safety.

No Title

Thanks cligzman,

Did you fly or cross the boarder by car and which port of entry did you cross.

That was good...

So looks like they didnt care about the Canadian Immigrant status....Thatz good news....Which port in USA did u enter thru? I read that u were asked just 2 questions, but just to make sure, Did they not question u anything about why did u go to canada?Thanks...

No Title

no, they didn\'t ask me about the purpose of my visit. Please notice that there is a form (I-94 or Custom\'s) that asks you to check one of the following: Purpose of visit: () Personal () Business.

I checked Personal.

Regarding your 2nd question, I flew from LGA to YYZ (Toronto Airport).

The ticket with a AA only costs $177 if you buy early.

Any questions, please ask. I like to help you.

Oh yes, please de-attach the Landing Papers and the I-94 on you way back.

Good Luck

No Title

cligzman Thanks,

When I come back to U.S., Should I also de-attach I-94. I have valid I-94 till 2002.

If it is valid, keep I-94 attached

mine was expired. So I thought removing it from sight is safer.

Thanks cligzman

Did they ask you about your I-94 or anything else?
Did Canadian immigration officer ask you about your status in U.S. ?

landing in Canada

Hi There,
Please advice me ???!!!...
While yon were in Canada did you apply for SIN and/or Medical Cards ?
Did you need to open a Bank account?
How long did this process take?
How does one keep the Canadian PR active while residing in USA and I485 in progress?
Did you need to provide any local, canadian mailing address?
Notes for this will help me in planning my landing to Canada
Thanks in Advance
friendly_1