Derivative asylee medical examination I 693

hamido

My wife came last year as asylee derivative and she did all the medical and vaccinations required for immigration purpose overseas and she still have record of her vaccination record and chest X Ray CD.
Now (after one year)it is the time of her adjustment of status and she is pregnant, does she need a new I 693 medical exam form or no? uscis instructions Are not very clear. Please advice

yes. everybody needs an I693 form. The fact that she has vaccination records might make the physical exam shorter but it's still required.

I found this thread on uscis website
Derivative asylees that had a medical examination conducted overseas will not be required to undergo a new medical examination at the time of applying for adjustment of status if:

•The results of the overseas medical examination are contained in the A-file and no Class A condition was reported;

•The asylee has applied for adjustment of status within one year of filing eligibility (i.e.,within two years of the date of admission as an asylee derivative); and

•There is no evidence in the A-file or testimony given at an interview to suggest that the asylee has acquired a Class A condition subsequent to his or her entry into the United States.

Even if a complete new medical examination is not required, the applicant must still establish compliance with the vaccination requirements and submit the vaccination record portion of the medical examination record with the adjustment application. Unlike refugees, derivative asylees may not have their vaccination records completed by a health department with a blanket waiver as a civil surgeon. Blanket waivers for civil surgeons only extend to refugee vaccination certifications. [1] This is a determination made by the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.