Denials

Junoon123

Registered Users (C)
I understand that their is a slow down in Visas, from india to china, i am wondering if its the same with TN as well?

Till last year i never heard anyone getting denied a TN however this year it does seems like quiet a few folks denied.

Then again if we subtract all those who didn't take a TN letter or Orignal degree or wrong TN letter how much would the deny number be?

Thanks

TN denials have always happened, usually due to paperwork deficiencies, which were easily overcome.

What is happening with alrming frequency now however, are denials of renewals when submitting the same paperwork, and denials of entry on existing TNs -- almost exclusively by CBP.

Hostorically a period of TN difficulty seems to coincide with economic downturns, when CBP officers, frustrated by the loss of jobs for their wives, brother, cousins etc, take it out on the only target they can find. After all, Cdn TNers are the only people over which they have direct control over employment, since all other work visas are approved by CIS, and bypass these guys entirely.

Re Denials

Do you think its a good idea to bypass CBP and go through CIS in other word send your paperwork through mail would that make or does that makes a difference?

I took a voluntary departure long time ago and every time i go to get a TN they do ask me about the VD, once i tell them why i got one it seems to satisfy them, this is the only reason why i am not mailing my TN renewal. Just in case if they see it and needed answers.

Thanks