1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

December 2017 Visa Bulletin

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by Xarthisius, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Xarthisius

Xarthisius Member

AFRICA: 13,000
    Except:
    Egypt: 8,300
    Ethiopia: 9,200

ASIA: 3,400
    Except:
    Iran: 2,800
    Nepal: 2,650

EUROPE: 8,200

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 5

OCEANIA: 475

SOUTH AMERICA,
    and the CARIBBEAN: 500

2. Rick Sanchez

Rick Sanchez New Member

3. Xarthisius

Xarthisius Member

Why frown? We are only 4mo in (in terms of the bulletin), and we are already more than a half way there with regard to your number :)

4. saabe

saabe Active Member

Bad news. I'm starting to be Really nervous

5. MonFD

MonFD Member

These numbers are for January cut off correct? For Europe looks like only 2k per month so far. Hopefully it picks up the following months..

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  6. Xarthisius

Xarthisius Member

That's correct

MonFD likes this.
  7. Aussiemika

Aussiemika New Member

My number is up in OC!
    How soon should I expect an email?

8. Pierre82

Pierre82 Well-Known Member

I think people with high case numbers are worried. They can just wait and see how the process flows and see if they numbers get to be in the lucky roster for interviews.

9. Smallland

Smallland Member

Yay, my interview is set in January. EU7XXX :)

Fanuel likes this.
  10. Fanuel

Fanuel Member

Hello SmaIlland, can I ask you when have you sent your AOS package? Have you already done your BIO?
    I am EU62xx and I was planning to send my AOS package around Dec 15th. I was curious about the timing process (even if it can be quite different between different field office).

Many Thanks

11. Smallland

Smallland Member

Hi,
    Don't worry. Ask as much as you want!
    What is an AOS package??
    And if you mean medical with BIO, the answer is no. I'm planning on doing that next month.

12. Xarthisius

Xarthisius Member

AOS package is a collection of documents you send to USCIS when you apply for green card while being physically present in US. If you have an interview abroad in embassy or consulate, it (along with the BIO) doesn't apply to you.

@Fanuel AOS Timeline spreadsheet has all the information you seek.

SusieQQQ likes this.
  13. Fanuel

Fanuel Member

14. Xarthisius

Xarthisius Member

I don't think that was a mistake. If @Smallland is doing CP, they might have already received 2NL with interview details in January.

15. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

Xarthisius is correct. @Fanuel, CP works quite differently to AOS. You need to stick to the AOS thread/spreadsheet or you may get confused about what you need to do and timings! The vast majority of DV applicants process via consulates, not AOS.

16. Fanuel

Fanuel Member

Thank you Sussie, I didn't know he was doing CP. I asked because on the AOS spreadsheet there still no interview date for anyone and since this year timing process looks a bit different I was curious.
    Let's cross fingers for everyone and hope that the interview date will come up without a long waiting time :)

17. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

Yes, that’s why we ask everyone doing AOS to stick to the AOS thread - interviews are set up differently for CP.

18. Smallland

Smallland Member

Thank you for the clarification @Xarthisius
    I’m interviewing in Sweden so you’re correct that CP is the route I’m going.
    I received my 2NL last week for an interview in mid January.

19. Maria Ortiz

Maria Ortiz New Member

:( mmm not too much for SA...is not moving at all...no expectations!

20. Rick Sanchez

Rick Sanchez New Member

yeah exactly, seems like the slowest moving region for some reason