DCF - New Delhi question

sumitkgarg

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am going to India to file I-130 for my wife. I have 2 questions if someone can help.

1. After staying in India for 60 days and filing the petition, does the USC still has to stay there for the remaining process?
2. At what stage is the affidavit of support required?

Thanks,
Sumit Garg

New Delhi

No, You dont have to stay after you file I-130, you can leave India after you file I 130 at Delhi. I file for my wife on March 21,2005 and now i m back in US.
If you know more detail, like whats going to be next please informe me asap.
Thank you

Thanks for the info Keyun. You might wanna read http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=164268 for the interview day experience. And for process after filing I-130 this is what I got from visajourney http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=dcf

Do keep me updated on your progress Keyun. Thanks...

One person's timeline on visajourney is as follows:
October 15, 2004: went to India
October 17, 2004: got engaged
October 23, 2004: got married!!!!
Dec. 22, 2004: went to U.S. Embassy, New Delhi-told to come back 9am the next morning
Dec. 23, 2004: filed I-130 at Delhi embassy
Jan 12, 2005: I came back to the U.S. :-(
Jan. 13, 2005: my husband went to Mumbai embassy personally to get packet 3
Jan. 15, 2005: sent out forms from packet 3
around the 2nd week of Feb: received interview date!!!! MARCH 18!!!!!
Feb. 16, 2005: sent out I-864 and other ppwk to my husband via DHL
Feb 20, 2005: husband received DHL pkg
end of Feb/beginning of March: went for medical
March 18, 2005 @ 7:30am: INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!! Got Visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
March 27, 2005: my husband comes to the U.S.!!!!!!

Here is how the procedure typically goes:

1- There is an initial “interview” where the USC and the foreign spouse appear to submit the I-130 and its attachments. Some Consulates accept these materials by mail, courier or in person with an appointment or only on specific days. Check the website of your Consulate for tips OR contact them directly to inquire.

2- The I-130 is adjudicated. There has been some public confusion over the use of the term “DCF”. Some Consular posts have been granted permission from Dept. Homeland Security to adjudicate (decide) I-130 petitions. This is “true” DCF. Some Embassy complexes include a DHS office on the grounds, and DHS staff approve petitions submitted there. This process is transparent to the end user and the result is the same. Once the petition is approved, the foreign spouse may apply for an Immigrant Visa. If the petition is not approved at this level, it may indicate a red flag with your case and the petition will be forwarded to a more senior DHS staffer (perhaps in another country).

3- The foreign spouse’s visa application will include The Packet Formerly Known As “3”. This will include DS-230 Part 1 (the visa application) and a checklist of required documents. It may include information about the medical procedure for your area and certainly instruction for the Affidavit of Support I-864. If you have all of the documents for the petition + visa application ready at your first visit to the Consulate (to file the I-130) you may persuade the Immigrant Visa workers to accept the visa application early and start a provisional file for you. It is certainly recommended that one be as over prepared as possible when pursuing DCF.

4- The foreign spouse has the final interview at which time the visa is issued, the US citizen spouse does NOT have to be present at the final interview.

5- The foreign spouse enters the US, and at the port of entry will receive in his/her passport an I-551 stamp which gives immediate permanent resident status. The status may or may not be “conditional” depending on the length of marriage at the time of entry. The actual green card will arrive in the mail a few weeks/months later. The foreign spouse receives immediate work and travel authorization from the “green card stamp”, and will only need to obtain a social security card before starting to work.

Keyun, after filing the application at ND embassay, do they tell you at that time that they will accept your application? Can you tell me about the process of filing the application in a bit detail? thanks...

New Delhi, DCF- experience

Sumit here what happen when i went to Delhi,
Me and my wife wait in line 4, Line start at 9am. we clear security check then they took us in another building.
After security guy came in to room and collect all US citizen passport and took in side the office. After wait for 30 to 40 min a lady ( indian origion ) open door and told us that today ( March 21, 2005 ) we have more applicant than we expected so please listen carefully what i said. She told us to arrange our paper work as :
1- I-130
2- US citizen passport copy
3- US citizen Naturalizantion Certificate
4- G-325a for US citizen
5- G-325a for spouse
6- Your marriage photos ( i put aroun 10 pic which cover all hindu "Vidhi" )
7- Marriage Certificate
8- your spouse school leaving or Birth Certificate ( if its in other language then english need to do transalet in english ) or if your spouse have passport then need passport copy. Either one of this thing you need.

after arranging this document we stapled it and wait. after 10min then called me on window. I submite my paper and told her that i m here to file for my wife. she ask me who is yr wife and i pointed to her( my wife stood right beside me ) and then she check my paper and give me small slip and circle on I-130 and told me that go ahead and pay $185 at the window. I was surprise bcz she didnt ask anything so I ask her "Is that it?" she said yes you done.
so i wait outside for other couple, to just make sure. and that happen to every one. We went to window and pay Fee. They will gave you yellow and white Recipte. Yellow is for you and white you will gave it to security guard. Behind white receipt you write you indian address where your spouse will receive other document.
After doing that we get out from Embassy and took Wonderfull took of New Delhi.
But...Butt.. I m still in Daliymaa whats going to be happen next...? How am I going to receive file number / Case number + whats my Priority date..?

If any one know about it please ssend me PM or leave message.
I hope this is enough info about ND filing.
any thoght or concerns are well come.

Affidavit of Support

Nice thread indeed. Here is what has happend so far, need help with I-864
----------------------------------------------------
Filed DCF on Feb 18th, 2005
Recieved Packet 3 March 15th, 2005
Sent Packet 3 March 17th, 2005
Waiting for Packet 4
Do I need to submit I-864 in US, or my wife needs to take I-134 and supporting documents to the interview. Could you please eloborate how the affidavit of support was completed and filed.

Thanks in advance for your quick response.

Dear K3 filer,
As far as i know you have to send I864 to your wife when she will go to Interview. I m not sure why you need I-134. Could you explain in more detail, i be glad to answer your question.

Thanks for the response

Well I was not sure about the I-134 wether it was required or not. I appreciate your quick response, I will send the completed I-864. By the way did you use DHL to send the package?

Whenever my turn comes, I am thinking about sending both I-864 and I-134 to my wife that she can take to the embassay coz I have read different people saying different things about the affidavit of support. I am not really sure what form does New Delhi need.

Recent_K3_Filer said:
Nice thread indeed. Here is what has happend so far, need help with I-864
Filed DCF on Feb 18th, 2005
Recieved Packet 3 March 15th, 2005
Sent Packet 3 March 17th, 2005
Waiting for Packet 4
Do I need to submit I-864 in US, or my wife needs to take I-134 and supporting documents to the interview. Could you please eloborate how the affidavit of support was completed and filed.

Thanks in advance for your quick response.
You need I 864. I134 is for non-immigrant visa. You will also need W2s and tax returns of your recent 3 years, letter of emplyment and pay stubs.

Wife recieved Packet 4

My wife recieved packet 4, interview schedule for late May. Any thoughts on the interview process. You guys/gals have been very helpful, appreciated.

Thanks

Finally, I became a US Citizen yesterday and applied for the passport the same day with expedited processing and overnight shipping etc.

dcf-new delhi question

Hello readers.. here I am having little confussion about pk3.
I file on march 21,2005. How lond should i wait for my wife's pk3. Anybody have any clue that how long do I have to wait? what are the next step for me if i dont receive my pk3 on time?
Please give me some guidence
thank you

Yes, Finally I received my pk3. I didnt know until i got message from my spouse and i already put the question about pk3. But anyway guys thankx for your reply. pk3 been sent. Now its time for us to wait our Interview call.
We will see how long does it takes?

Congrats Keyun!!

I filed for my wife at New Delhi on July 11th. There were around 10 more couples at that time. The filing was pretty simple. When I submitted the papers, they took just the first page from G-325A and returned the remaining 3 pages to me. Did they do the same in your case?

Thanks,
Sumit