Currently a US Permanent Resident and overstayed prior to becoming one

Mary_R

I am sure if this is the right place to ask this question. I'll try to explain as best I can and hope someone will have some in sight.

I am Canadian and I've been in the US since 2006. I entered as a visitor, got married a few months later and had a baby. We were planning on applying for my GC right away but didn't have the money at the time.

I received my 10 year Green Card through Marriage in 2010. I've been too nervous to travel back to Canada because I've been worried about getting denied when trying to enter in the US. I know I'm probably overthinking it but since I have kids I keep debating if it's worth the risk or maybe there isn't even a risk at all lol. I really need to just apply for Citizenship but I'd like to go Canada in the next couple months.

Does my Permanent Residence card forgive the overstay?? And would Customs see it that way?

I am sure if this is the right place to ask this question. I'll try to explain as best I can and hope someone will have some in sight.

I am Canadian and I've been in the US since 2006. I entered as a visitor, got married a few months later and had a baby. We were planning on applying for my GC right away but didn't have the money at the time.

I received my 10 year Green Card through Marriage in 2010. I've been too nervous to travel back to Canada because I've been worried about getting denied when trying to enter in the US. I know I'm probably overthinking it but since I have kids I keep debating if it's worth the risk or maybe there isn't even a risk at all lol. I really need to just apply for Citizenship but I'd like to go Canada in the next couple months.

Does my Permanent Residence card forgive the overstay?? And would Customs see it that way?

as long as the stay is less than 6 months, you can then apply for citizenship after your trip to Canada.