CSS/LULAC case approved

atlraj

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
I know there are lots of people out there with CSS / LULAC cases still pending.
After a such a long wait thanks to god my case is approved. I am hoping to get my GC in few weeks/days.
if any one wants info about my case let me know. I know what we went through over several years and it is such an experiance in the land of oppurtunites.

One suggestion is that please do not give up hope.
thanks
Raj

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please tell us if you are LULAC or CSS. How did you enter the country for the first and second time. what kind of doucument did you have to show your presence from 1992-88.
what kind of question did the immigration officer asked you? which city do you live in.

thank you.

LULAC/ CSS - story

Sorry to get back to you late on this reply.
I was part of LULAC.
it is interesting that I applied I-687 in 2000 as part of LULAC/CSS court settlementment but never heard back. but in 2001 I applied under LIFE act and went for an interview and that went very well. Officer told me my case looks good and he will ask the district director for approval and that was the end of the story and never heard any thing back from them.
in 2005 when I applied for my EAD renewel they sent me a denail saying my I-485 under LIFE act was denied. I sent them a letter for explanation.
I recieved an interview letter for my I-687 and when I went there Officer was very nice and looked into my file and said I should have been "approved" under LIFE act, he asked me what happend? I explained him that after four years later they said it was "denied". He took me into district directors office and handed my file over to him. District director asked me come back in an hour and asked me to go and get my lunch because it was already 2 PM. When I came back from lunch district director called me in and asked several personal questions about my education and my accomplishments in USA over last 26 years and finally he said congratulations "you should be recieving your GC in two to three weeks". which I riecieved in two weeks.

my case went from apporval to deniel and when went for my other applications they approved me for another one. Now I am eligbile for citizenship in two months.

RAJ

Thank you RAJ for your reply; and congratulations on your approval after waiting many years. It gives the rest of us a new hope.
Raj, in which city did you have your interview at? If you are LULAC applicant how did you enter the U.S? Did you leave the U.S and came back? Did you went to college and did you graduate?

When the district director approve your case did he put the approval date for the first time they approved you or when he approve it after you last interview?

Thank you.

Lulac / CSS case with INS / USCIS

I came on student visa that was expired due to not keeping with fultime school requirement.

Actually I was able to produce the Social Security documentation from 1982 which helped a lot. Social Security yearly statement showd how much I paid from 1982 onwards.
Also after my EAD in 1989 I joined the school to do my masters also. That also helped tremendously in the interview.

My interview was in SF office.
thanks
Raj

Hello all,
I know there are lots of people out there with CSS / LULAC cases still pending.
After a such a long wait thanks to god my case is approved. I am hoping to get my GC in few weeks/days.
if any one wants info about my case let me know. I know what we went through over several years and it is such an experiance in the land of oppurtunites.

One suggestion is that please do not give up hope.
thanks
Raj

Hi Gurus,
I need some information on CSS LULAC. One of my friends had applied in the CSS/LULAC and his case denied in sometime back. His attorney he never informed about this. Recently, he was picked by INS officials not attending the court about his case. So, i want to know what happens to him?
Could he sent back to India and banned from US for 10 yrs?

Please let me know.

Question on this

I got picked up by INS due some other voilation or does he alredy got a deportation order? explain.

I got picked up by INS due some other voilation or does he alredy got a deportation order? explain.

I have no details about his case. All i know in talking to his attorney is that he probably missed to attend the court sometime, which i beleive could be regarding to leave the country. I don't know about the voilation information.

Please share your experience......like what you have done to get out ? Did you talk to your attorney to get the court date ? What have talked and convinced in court? Did you tell them and committed about the voluntary date of departure ?

Please let me know.

Thanks

sorry

What I mean by that , INS never picked me up or any thing like that. My case is already approved.
if he is already in deportation proceedings then he needs to have good lawyer to work on that case other wise they are very strict about this case. One of my friends was in the same situation where he hired a great lawyer in dallas, he not only got deportation cancelled but also got the the GC granted by a good INS judge.

What I mean by that , INS never picked me up or any thing like that. My case is already approved.
if he is already in deportation proceedings then he needs to have good lawyer to work on that case other wise they are very strict about this case. One of my friends was in the same situation where he hired a great lawyer in dallas, he not only got deportation cancelled but also got the the GC granted by a good INS judge.

ok thanks for the info. My friend's wife hired an attorney to deal with this case. The attorney was saying that he is not getting the court date from the judge yet and it could delayed for sometime around 1 or 2 weeks. I don't know what would be after that? Can he stay in US or deportation?

Sure, if judge agrees he can stay the deportation as well as grant a GC

Judge is not giving the court date to his attorney. I mean he is delaying to give the date. His attorney is saying my friend could there (county prison) for sometime. Attorney says he filed the application motion to reopen.
So, any idea ?

they can not hold any one like that without bail in the jail.
was there ever a bail amount on this case? if so was it posted to release the person?