Criminal History and N-400 timeline of 2011 in Seattle, WA

marklivinglarge

Registered Users (C)
Here is my timeline of Seattle field office:

N-400 Submitted 02/07/2011 (Phoenix Lock-box)
Check cashed 02/10/2011
NOA received 02/12/2011
Priority date 02/09/2011
Biometrics Notice Received 03/11/2011
Biometrics done (Walk-in) Same day 03/11/2011
Yellow Letter received 04/06/2011
Interview Letter 04/15/2011
Interview Date 05/16/2011

Last edited by a moderator:
If you could share your incident charge, outcome and time frame, it would help as I would become eligible to apply for naturalization later this year.

Check cashed 02/10/2011
NOA received 02/12/2011
Priority date 02/09/2011

If you could share your incident charge, outcome and time frame, it would help as I would become eligible to apply for naturalization later this year.

shoplifting incident back in FEB 2006 ... The case was dismissed in 12 months ... No probation or nothing, Just court fee ... I sent an N-400 but it got denied because of lack of good moral character .. in that denial letter, it says that I have to try back 5 years after the date of my arrest ... so here I am 5 years later ... Submitted another N-400 and I'll have my interview this May.

Wish me luck ..

What's your story ?

Check cashed 02/10/2011
NOA received 02/12/2011
Priority date 02/09/2011
Yellow Letter received 04/06/2011
Interview Letter 04/15/2011
Interview Date 05/16/2011

Good luck Mark,

Mine was Simple Battery in 03/2010. I opted for pre-trial diversion and it was dismissed about 6 months later. I can apply for naturalization as early as 09/2011 however exploring my options..

Did you consult any attorneys or were you represented by attorney for interview when you applied first time?

Good luck Mark,

Mine was Simple Battery in 03/2010. I opted for pre-trial diversion and it was dismissed about 6 months later. I can apply for naturalization as early as 09/2011 however exploring my options..

Did you consult any attorneys or were you represented by attorney for interview when you applied first time?

I Did Not Wanna waste money on Attorneys especially about applications that I am more knowledgeable about sometimes than USCIS officers themselves. it just depends on the specifics of the case and how it was ended ..... Immigration law has a completely different view on cases and believe me, each case is Unique...

My first case got denied and in the denial letter, USCIS said that I have to try back 5 years from the date of the incident.... Normally it's usually 5 years from the date of the probationary period ends. that's why I consulted an attorney and gave me the green light to file again right away... And here I am now applying again ...

But I think this time I will be taking that experience attorney with to the interview, but not to file application for me, just so he can argue the merits of my case with a supervisor and have them make a decision right there and then....

Because most of the time applicants get interviewed by regular officers and then at the end if you've done well, he/she will tell you that you have passed and your case now is being recommended for approval, The last signature approval should come from the supervisor that oversees the decisions of the officer ... and to avoid all that delay the attorney might ask for the supervisor to be present during the interview ...

the statutory period is 3 years if you are married with an citizen rigth? and 5 year for other cases?

Sorry hear that buddy, I was denied my first N-400 as well, so I know how that feels.
Typically, 3 years if you are married to a US citizen and 5 year otherwise..

Please read what the denial letter says at the end. USCIS will usually suggest when to file. some people are allowed to try back 3 or 5 years after the date of the arrest/offense, and some people are allowed to try back 3 or 5 years after the end of their probation period ....

Let me know ..