Credit card for dependent on h4

When I applied for my home mortgage, I had similar problems with many banks refusing to give the 2nd(I went for 80-15 loan)loan as my 485 is pending. However I was told that that loan approval with a valid H1 is possible(My H1 expired 2 yrs ago). I called Fannie Mae to find out if it is discrimination. If my first loan was rejected it would have been considered discrimination, but they dont have control over piggy-back loans.

Regarding credit cards I have never had problems getting 2nd card for my relatives(no SSN was asked). However these days a lot of financial institutions are using patriot act as a shield for discrimination.

In my experience banks are eager to give secondary cards as long as the primary card holder has a good credit standing. Call up customer service and tell them you want to cancel the card for this reason, it may work.( I tried canceling a credit card and ended up getting a higher limit etc. etc.)

no cheching account without SSN at Fleet

alren said:
forgot to add ... also without the TIN no.

Could you tell me what bank, please?

My husband has H-4 and he does not have ITIN yet. He needs proof of having a bank account to renew his driver's licence in NJ. Fleet did not want to add him on my checking account (we tried on september) without SSN.

emirica said:
Could you tell me what bank, please?

My husband has H-4 and he does not have ITIN yet. He needs proof of having a bank account to renew his driver's licence in NJ. Fleet did not want to add him on my checking account (we tried on september) without SSN.
Bank of America.

If you do not have the a/c, the trick would be for you to open the a/c and then at a later date add your spouse to it.