Convicted felon

Bie

I was 17 yrs old. Was convicted of a class 1 and class 2 felony. Now my question is I am not a citizen but my parents became a citizen while I was incarcerated at the time. Does it make me a citizen as well? I am currently awaiting deportation for my convictions but I have been released over 10 years ago. What can I do with my situation.. I am so confused and I came to America since 2 years old...please help

How old were you when your parents became citizens? When did they become citizens? You were a permanent resident then?

How old were you when your parents became citizens? When did they become citizens? You were a permanent resident then?
I was 17 years old charged as a adult for my crimes.
When I was 17 years old.
Yes I was a permanent resident then.. had a lawyer to fight it 12 years ago by filing for asylum from my country Laos. But now was told that was the wrong thing to do and that should have filed about my parents being citizens before I was 18...

So what year were your parents naturalized? Was it also about 12 years ago, so around 2005? As long as it was after 2001, and you were under 18 and a permanent resident living in the US with your parents at that time, then yes, it seems like you automatically became a citizen and cannot be deported.

So what year were your parents naturalized? Was it also about 12 years ago, so around 2005? As long as it was after 2001, and you were under 18 and a permanent resident living in the US with your parents at that time, then yes, it seems like you automatically became a citizen and cannot be deported.
No this was in 1992 and I believe they got naturalization 1993. We have been in the USA since 1978 or 1979. I was 2 or 3 years old...we where entered as refugees. Do to war in my country.

Okay. As long as both your parents naturalized before your 18th birthday, and you were a permanent resident and unmarried at the time, you became a citizen.