Consular processing for I-130 for minor children of my GC wife.

TallCowboy0614

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I don't see many posts from people in my position. Mostly it is kids petitioning for thier parents.

I married my wife, who now is a permanent resident. We are also petitioning (I-130) for her two kids (my step-kids) that are currently still in Bolivia. Everything is going well, thier files are now in the NVC and should be through processing in 2-4 weeks (*crossing fingers*).

I see many posts about lots of police forms necessary, hassle after hassle, etc. We are lucky in that most of that stuff we are not required to do (since they kids are minors under the age of 16).

So I am thankful, but nervous about the interview we will have to do with the kids before the visa is granted. Seems to me that it should be a no-brainer...I mean, Mom is a green card holder, Dad is a US Citizen, and they have birth certificates showing they are both kids of my wife.

Anyone have experience with the interview in this kind of case? Seems like there should really be nothing to discuss. We shall see, I guess, but I am having a hard time finding other folks with experiences/situations similar to ours, although we simply cannot be that unusual....

Thanks for any insights!!!

I am in the same situation. I sent in I-130 for my 5 year old step-daughter in Feb. Still waiting for approval and then the next step. It would be interesting to see what people's experiences are. Anybody have any to share? How did yours turn out?

Hello ! I'm in the same situation .....I wonder if the process is different for minor in my case 5 years old son. We got this notification last week On December 24, 2015, we sent your case, Receipt Number ********, to the Department of State for visa processing. Please visit our website for general information on Consular Processing. Thanks for sharing your experience. I am in Brazil now waiting to hear something from them. So that way I go back to the states with my son. It has being hard for us cause we are apart until get it resolved. Let me know how did it go for you please ! Thanks