Congressmen have the power?

suzanar

Registered Users (C)
to expedite applications with BCIS?
Is it work in reality?
Did anybody get anything from them but nice letters?

I was getting calls after every my letter. The last time they told me, INS sent me RFE already. They were really calling on my case and bothered INS.

I did not have any luck. Only nice letter. However, I'm creating extensive documentation regarding our status and will submit it with my new letter in the next 10 days. If you remember my old post, I received optimistic letter that my Representative is interested in my case, but that is it. Other Representatives sent me junk letters. So, I will try soon again with this individual Representative. Trying won't hurt, but as we disscussed before, I'm not hoping to achieve anything.

I believe the original poster was asking about expediting an individual case, not changing the law to increase the adjustment cap.

If you believe there is undue delay in your case, the place to turn is a Members of Congress. Every BCIS office, like all offices of the Executive Branch, has staff dedicated to dealing with Congress. Likewise, every Senator and every Representative has staff whose only responsibility is to help people deal with the agencies. These "caseworkers" have a special phone number and can reach a responsible BCIS official in an instant if they want to. I have witnessed these people call the Asylum Office for clients and an interview notice was mailed out the same day. Even if they are not wiling to make phone calls, they will send a letter on your behalf and the BCIS does reply.

Thank You all for your response.
This is correct Gilbert, I refer to expediting an individual case not changing the law to increase the number (already done, that's my husband case).
I contacted Congressmen's Office regarding my case ( I-730) since I do have emergency situation now (medical condition). Caseworker left to me telephone message only with BCIS answer but never BCIS official response to the Congressmen Office. Apparently this is not emergency for BCIS. I asked for hard copy but she avoid for the second time to do so.
Now I am not sure does Congressmen Office believe this is not emergency situation or BCIS. What a game.
I thought Congressmen Office have a power to expedite emergency cases.
Since I am not a voter they don't care much.
What is a next step? To whom may I refer now?
Should I refer to BCIS or Senator or should I file lawsuit at the Court…..any suggestions, personal experiences?

All the best