confused

ghalib_khan

hello
im new here & new to all this stuff.
i wanted to know that my brother who is an american citizen filed f-4 case for us back in 1998 i think
after the 9/11 incident we got a letter from the national visa center.it stated that they currently dont have the visa numbers but will notify when they wil further consider our application.
they enclosed the registartion information at the bottom.
the priority date is 29nov1999
can anyone tell me where can i get further information about much it will take & when should i expect the call?
recently i went to medical center with my sister-in-law who got her interview call after a year of marriage ... anyway , the thing is that there were families there who had applied during the same period as ours was ... they got their calls ... so whats going on??
i will be very obliged if anyone can help me in this regard.
thanks

If your priority date is 29NOV1999 then your immigrant visa is not yet available as they are still working on 1997 for most countries. From the current visa bulletin for June 2008 here are the F4 priority dates they are currently working on:

Worldwide - 22AUG97
China - 01FEB97
India - 01FEB97
Mexico - 15DEC94
Phillipines - 08MAR86

You may want to keep an eye on the Visa Bulletin each month. You will find it here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html