Conference Call on July 10 - Recording Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Rajiv,

My company substituted a pre-approved labor for me in Mar’2007 and also filled I-140 in May-2007. My “I-140” status is still received and pending. My H1B Visa expires on May ‘2009 hence by this date (i.e. May 2009) my stay in USA for 6 years gets completed. Can you please let me know if I am eligible for applying I-140 premium processing?

Thanks for your help

Can study abroad be exempt from continuous residency requirement?

Hi Rajiv,
I am a Russian citizen and have received a green card in 1999 through my parents. I have been a full-time student at Ohio State University 2002-2007. In 2004- 2005 I have done 1 academic year of study abroad in Germany through the Ohio State University. During my study abroad I was registered as an OSU student and received academic credits through OSU. I left the U.S. in July 2004 and came back in Sep 2005 (I spent about two months of this time in Russia for a visit, and the rest of the time studying in Germany).

I would like to apply for citizenship as soon as possible. However, according to the naturalization requirements, I have to reside in the U.S. for 5 years before filing for citizenship, with no absence from the U.S. for more than one year. That means that I could only apply in 2010.
Questions:
-Is it possible to exempt my study abroad in Germany from the continuous residency requirement? If it is possible, how should I approach it (which forms should I file etc.)?
Thank you very much.

Persecution waiver!

Dear Rajiv,

I applied for waiver of two year HRR in December 2005. USCIS approved my case
and sent the form I 613 to a Waiver Review Division of the Department of State
in December 2007. By the end of January 2008, I submitted all the requested papers to a waiver review division of DoS. Now, my case is still pending with DoS. My question is: can i attend the Graduate School here in US while my case is pending? If i can, what would be my status? Do I need a i-20 form?
I would appreciate your response and thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.